2020 701 quick shifter question

Slime Bomb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, the bike has a quick shifter, but I read on the net that some people say it also has an auto blipper.

I put this to a Husky dealer and he said that they don't. He said because it has a slipper clutch you just shut the throttle off and change down without the clutch.

What does the collective say?

Ok, the bike has a quick shifter, but I read on the net that some people say it also has an auto blipper.

I put this to a Husky dealer and he said that they don't. He said because it has a slipper clutch you just shut the throttle off and change down without the clutch.

No autoblipper.
Just a standard up/down quick shifter

Sorry - mechanical sympathy simply won't let me do this on a down change without an auto-blipper.

Yep - that's what I do and it works really well - if anything the quick shifter up and down is better on my 701 than my 1290 SAS :)

As it works so smoothly in practise I have no concerns over mechanical sympathy ;)

From the Husky web site:

Slipper clutch
The APTC (Adler Power Torque Clutch) from Adler allows for greater speeds going into and coming out of corners by maximising rear wheel grip under hard acceleration as well as preventing rear wheel instability and chatter when braking hard into turns. The rider thus enjoys maximum control and perfect down-shifting.

Been for a ride a couple of rides this week and nine times out of ten changing down using the clutch whilst coming to a halt the revs increase with each press of the gear lever.
Does anyone else experience this?

Well, I popped over to the Husky dealer to try and sort out this revving problem he had never heard of this before so he got it into the workshop and plugged it in. All was good until he tried to start the bike and it wouldn't start. A lot of head scratching later and the starting problem was found.

What were the odds of me riding 60 miles to him and then find that a wire from the clutch micro switch had come off, hence, the bike wont start!

So, he's ordered the part and then I'll go back and have it recalibrated and all 'should be' fine. I managed to ride it back home but with no quick shifter. Watch this space.

Just to add, CF racing in Corwen were very good and friendly.

Well, Finally got the part a couple of weeks ago and went over to have it recalibrated and all was good for a couple of days... It now has gone back to where it was before, revving every time I press down on the gear lever, but the up side is that it changes down better now as it seems to act as a auto blipper. Strange...

Well, Finally got the part a couple of weeks ago and went over to have it recalibrated and all was good for a couple of days... It now has gone back to where it was before, revving every time I press down on the gear lever, but the up side is that it changes down better now as it seems to act as a auto blipper. Strange...
Just a quick update as I forgot a few months ago. The revving thing was sorted. Turned out to be an electrical problem inside the tower which I think was my own fault! :blast

Back
Top Bottom