Replacement batteries - Garmin

but not for the Nav V :fiddle
Isn't the Nav V the same as the Zumo 590? I have a nav V and could really do with a new battery but need to be sure that I'm buying the right one. This link (thank you Wapping) says that they're in stock... What am I missing?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

None listed for the Zumo XT (although mine is new enough not to need a replacement but it would be nice to source a supply for the future.)

Isn't the Nav V the same as the Zumo 590? I have a nav V and could really do with a new battery but need to be sure that I'm buying the right one. This link (thank you Wapping) says that they're in stock... What am I missing?

I thought that, but the battery in my Nav V has "Rating 7.4v," written on it, the Zumo 590 battery on the site says "Voltage 3.7v".

which doesn't look like a match :confused:

I thought that, but the battery in my Nav V has "Rating 7.4v," written on it, the Zumo 590 battery on the site says "Voltage 3.7v".

Aha! That's a fair one! I haven't taken the back off mine yet but assume it is the same as yours. I might try ringing Garmin as the Tosser in the NAV V thread did.... Will let you know how I get on....thank you

Aha! That's a fair one! I haven't taken the back off mine yet but assume it is the same as yours. I might try ringing Garmin as the Tosser in the NAV V thread did.... Will let you know how I get on....thank you

So I went onto the Garmin.co.uk website, navigated to the 'chat' and asked a very nice chap called Joshua for a new battery. He tried to be sneaky at first, asking for the serial number but as I didn't have the unit with me he very sensibly just confirmed that it was for a battery for a Nav V before putting in the order and sending the instructions for completion to my email. Five minutes flat and £13 including postage... Job done!

So I went onto the Garmin.co.uk website, navigated to the 'chat' and asked a very nice chap called Joshua for a new battery. He tried to be sneaky at first, asking for the serial number but as I didn't have the unit with me he very sensibly just confirmed that it was for a battery for a Nav V before putting in the order and sending the instructions for completion to my email. Five minutes flat and £13 including postage... Job done!

Good stuff, as I said in the other thread it probably depends who you talk to!

I remember when I ordered mine (two years ago) the chap at Garmin suggested that I should really send the unit in so they can check it's the battery at fault. I politely explained that, in my opinion it was the battery, and I was happy to take the chance that it wasn't any other fault.

Called them this week for a Nav V battery, none in stock and never will be allegedly :(

Are you sure you read that right?
they are 3.7v and 7.4wh

battery.png

here's a pic

looks like 7.4 v to me

Attachments

• 2023-09-18 13.34.47.jpg
    2023-09-18 13.34.47.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom