New winter gloves, hands cold already!

ooo those look nice :D

although the Gerbing gloves are cheaper and with batteries last 8 hrs or can be wired.

Apparently the new Gerbings are a lot less warm than the older ones, mine get hot enough to BBQ my hands on max, friend has the newer ones and the are barely warm enough (unless his are dodgy)

Rukka Nivalas are really good gloves but be aware that heated grips can cause Gore-Tex to fail, stopping the gloves from being waterproof.

I understand the proposed physics behind this, but have only ever had older Gore-Tex gloves wet out with heated grips. For example, my four year old pair of Virium gloves started getting moist recently with heated grips - but that could be due to any number of reasons. So far, the Nivalas have been completely waterproof in heavy rain with heated grips turned on. Hopefully that will continue.

Just ordered some Dainese Thunder Goretex gloves to wear on me scoot, it’s got Honda OEM heated grips which are not bad, but not up to BMW thermonuclear standards

If it’s too cold with them on I’ll take the car :D

d2360550118f3b3f6c732bf6cf3eed80.jpg

I hate feeling cold and after watching Rich Vida in Orkney , I invested in Keis heated gloves . The heat control is on the rear and glows red,amber or green , depending on your wish . Delicious warmth .

d2360550118f3b3f6c732bf6cf3eed80.jpg

I hate feeling cold and after watching Rich Vida in Orkney , I invested in Keis heated gloves . The heat control is on the rear and glows red,amber or green , depending on your wish . Delicious warmth .

Grin, do they warm down to the finger tips?

Which winter gloves do you think give the best protection?

The usual essentials (full-grain leather, palm sliders, edge-of-hand overlay, etc.) seem rare. Five’s WFX Max gloves are CE level 2 but hard to find.

Grin, do they warm down to the finger tips?

To be honest , I haven’t noticed . The whole hand is best described as very comfortably warm and it is even possible that only the backs are heated , but I haven’t paid attention or noticed, because the heated grips are also on . Sorry for not being able to answer Barnoe .
Edit; a comment on Sportsbike shop “They heat the back of the hand nicely with 3 different settings which are easily indicated on the button on the top.”

FYI ; they can be powered from the sleeve output on a Keis heated jacket, but are also supplied with a very long battery lead , which you hide within an ordinary motorcycle jacket.

Three Finger Gloves.
Cheap ones like these on Ebay

Or you can pay loads for Rukka, Richa and the like.

I still have my €29 jobbies from Hein Gericke. Wouldn't be without them in cooler weather. Way better than 5-finger.
When its cold, W&S electric gloves.

Hi, I second the Keiss heated gloves, however with the caveat to buy the micro wire version as it is said with the regular wire type, you can feel the wire above your knuckles.
I don't know if that's true, so being a wimp, I headed straight for the micro wire version and I can attest they are well warm (I ride with fingers on clutch and brake as I live in London).
I no longer use the heated grips on my S10, these gloves do what I need, hardly ever go to max heat, my fingers roast like that, but not been used in sub-zero temps yet.

I've been looking now to replace my BMW Allround gloves. Seems these are new but no reviews out yet. Anyone seen them, thoughts? https://www.motocard.com/en/gloves/rukka-thermog_ce_gore_tex_gore_grip_black_990.aspx
I like the fact its a short cuff to go just under my jacket sleeves.

Other options are the BMW Silvretta but getting an answer from Park Lane re sizing is a nightmare
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19545974...6&customid=UqQ_-V8UAAAATn-538AlR8Y38uIrAAAAAA
I suspect the bmw ones will be warmer but less flexible. Scared the Rukka will not be warm enough although I do have heated grips to compensate for lack of heating on underside. Anyone anything to advise?

I've been looking now to replace my BMW Allround gloves. Seems these are new but no reviews out yet. Anyone seen them, thoughts? https://www.motocard.com/en/gloves/rukka-thermog_ce_gore_tex_gore_grip_black_990.aspx
I like the fact its a short cuff to go just under my jacket sleeves.

Other options are the BMW Silvretta but getting an answer from Park Lane re sizing is a nightmare
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/19545974...6&customid=UqQ_-V8UAAAATn-538AlR8Y38uIrAAAAAA
I suspect the bmw ones will be warmer but less flexible. Scared the Rukka will not be warm enough although I do have heated grips to compensate for lack of heating on underside. Anyone anything to advise?

I dont know about anyone else, but Gauntlets never work for me?
they are never wide enough to go over my jacket, so end up scrunched up pushing my sleeve up?

i like the look of the Rukka gloves.

Back
Top Bottom