lowered footpegs R80 G/S

Dr. Evil

Reaction score
I know there are a few other of options but this might be useful to someone. BMW footpegs PN 46718526739 & 46718526740 from the 1200GS, NineT scrambler and NineT urban GS are a direct fit for the R80 G/S and should fit R100 GS models as well Useful 2cm lower, maybe 1cm further forwards to the early R/S pegs. Also a bit longer. Don't look at all out of place on a classic bike.

Thanks for the info, I can also confirm that the SW Motech footrests for the Urban with a very small modification also fit. Although the gear needs to be lowered also.

0dedd3cf46ea1f816feb8b1cf22d9acc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, I can also confirm that the SW Motech footrests for the Urban with a very small modification also fit. Although the gear needs to be lowered also.

0dedd3cf46ea1f816feb8b1cf22d9acc.jpg

what kind of modifications are needed?

The trouble with the lowered footrests on these bikes and the para models is ,once lowered,the footrest position is moved outwards.
OEM is above the frame brackets,the lower brackets,be it forward or backward mean your feet are at least 25/30 mm further out.
The end result ,you are unable to change gear properly as you are using the end of your big toe twisted to the right.
Braking is just as bad ,you have to twist your foot to the left, and lift it.
This requires bespoke mods to both mechanisms.
We’ve done 3 bikes in the last week.

The trouble with the lowered footrests on these bikes and the para models is ,once lowered,the footrest position is moved outwards.
OEM is above the frame brackets,the lower brackets,be it forward or backward mean your feet are at least 25/30 mm further out.
The end result ,you are unable to change gear properly as you are using the end of your big toe twisted to the right.
Braking is just as bad ,you have to twist your foot to the left, and lift it.
This requires bespoke mods to both mechanisms.
We’ve done 3 bikes in the last week.

100%

This has a short gear lever to get that distance back between peg sniff lever snd a set of SW Motech adjustable footrests off a R9T that have been slightly modified so they sit level. Brake lever also has an adapter on so you do mot have to angle your foot to use it. All a pain to get right but worth it for comfort if longer in the leg.

100%

This has a short gear lever to get that distance back between peg sniff lever snd a set of SW Motech adjustable footrests off a R9T that have been slightly modified so they sit level. Brake lever also has an adapter on so you do mot have to angle your foot to use it. All a pain to get right but worth it for comfort if longer in the leg.

thank you for these answers, I will try the experiment because the SW motech seem to be the best option to improve the position of the legs over long distances

thank you for these answers, I will try the experiment because the SW motech seem to be the best option to improve the position of the legs over long distances

Like, I mentioned my pegs were off a R9T so I have to get a little bit of weld added to the right peg and then file it down so it sat at the right angle on the bike. They are adjustable.

Like, I mentioned my pegs were off a R9T so I have to get a little bit of weld added to the right peg and then file it down so it sat at the right angle on the bike. They are adjustable.

A pic of the swt low footpeg on my PD. I didn't like the sharp jagged top, so bolted bit of 5mm chequerplate on. Also fitted an alloy spacer to the Siebenrock gear lever, to throw the roller further out, as Mike said

Attachments

• 20230724_173006.jpg
    20230724_173006.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom