R1250RS 2023 Update

Nice

Like the "r" bars

Attachments

• 111022-2023-BMW-R-1250-RS-P90485990-_Sport_with_tube_handlebars-549x388.jpg
    111022-2023-BMW-R-1250-RS-P90485990-_Sport_with_tube_handlebars-549x388.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 914
Let's call it a run-out model with an improved specification.

I haven't got an RS at the moment so went through the configurator.
All the press pictures show the Sports Colour (Blue white and red) with a blue fairing top, when you chose it on the configurator. the top fairing is white!

Attachments

• r1250rs configurator.jpg
    r1250rs configurator.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 725
I haven't got an RS at the moment so went through the configurator.
All the press pictures show the Sports Colour (Blue white and red) with a blue fairing top, when you chose it on the configurator. the top fairing is white!

if you look closely at the configurator, it is not using proper photos but overlays and the graphic designer has cocked up

someone visiting the show says the bikes look very "pre-production" so I guess the art department have not got photos of the actual bikes yet so had to mock up the configurator

I like the fact they have moved the Aux socket to the front dash and made it a USB, apart from that no major changes, paint work looked a bit cheap in the flesh

c3af5a3492ac276e5d070d6ed9ae22d4.png

Simon Hargreaves loves the R1250RS and witters on about it in Front End Chatter

He's also written an article in the April issue of Ride, eulogising the bike.

My neighbour has just px'd his SuperDuke for one. Picks it up next week. It was the RS or the Moto Guzzi Mandello. Heart said Guzzi, head said RS. Head won. That was after he test rode both.

I got mine last week and have only managed 150 miles on it with this shite weather , But a fantastic few miles it was

My wife got hers delivered on Saturday. Only put 500 miles on it due to the weather, but she’s loving it.

We’re just struggling to find a way to move the Nav up and back an inch as it catches the handle on her tank bag. I’ve seen an option on Ali Express, but it will look like a Mecano set fastened to the bars.

We’ve seen you can relocate the Nav to above the clocks, but she’s not keen. She’s vertically challenged so the Nav would be a stretch up there. She also has bar risers which a quick search says would cause the reservoirs to touch the Nav in full lock if she relocated it.

We took a trip to Motografix so they could work up a design for tank pad and knee protection that matches the colour scheme.

We’ve seen you can relocate the Nav to above the clocks, but she’s not keen. She’s vertically challenged so the Nav would be a stretch up there. She also has bar risers which a quick search says would cause the reservoirs to touch the Nav in full lock if she relocated it.
She really needs to get one of these:
https://moto-mate.com/shop/gps-mounts/bmw-gps-mounts/raised-navigation-mount-for-bmw-r1250rs/

It's a very nice bit of kit (I have it on my RS), and it's just so much better having the Nav in that position. God only knows why BMW have left the Nav prep where it is after so many iterations of this bike, where it fouls tank bags and is out of the riders eyeline. Far and away the most important mod you can do on this bike. Hard to comment on your wife's height, but I really can't believe that if she's tall enough to ride an RS that she wouldn't be able to reach the NAV there. (Also, remember many of it's functions are accessible via the WonderWheel).

I also have bar risers fitted, and don't recognise what you mean by fouling the reservoirs.

She actually ordered that relocating Mount last night.

When we had a quick search online, some people said their clutch or brake reservoir touched the Nav in the new position. We’ll have to see when it arrives. I’m hopeful as her risers are up and back, not just up.

My wife got hers delivered on Saturday. Only put 500 miles on it due to the weather, but she’s loving it.

We’re just struggling to find a way to move the Nav up and back an inch as it catches the handle on her tank bag. I’ve seen an option on Ali Express, but it will look like a Mecano set fastened to the bars.

We took a trip to Motografix so they could work up a design for tank pad and knee protection that matches the colour scheme.

I kept it simple from day 1. I don’t have a jog wheel, so like to have GPS within reach.

Have just changed from Nav6 to XT.

Attachments

• 34D51394-1AA9-4AFE-BA4A-A1FF37264649.jpg
    34D51394-1AA9-4AFE-BA4A-A1FF37264649.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 363
  • FD78BCDA-26E7-4E64-B2C6-A9B18898191B.jpg
    FD78BCDA-26E7-4E64-B2C6-A9B18898191B.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 361

Back
Top Bottom