What is holding R E back ?

They don't get a credit but I suspect there was input by Saltire Motorcycles in Edinburgh. They're the local Royal Enfield dealership and Bikerbnb are based in their large premises in Edinburgh.

I see Tom Hurley Custom Seats also gets a a mention. He's in Livingston. I keep meaning to get my X-Country seat over to him to be remodelled.

"..the bikes are designed to traverse the roads and trails of the Scottish Highlands, in style." I'm not so sure about that. We have very few places where you can legally ride off road. So that's a bit of a romantic exaggeration.

I think Royal Enfield have been quite clever to produce bikes as simply (and as cheaply) as possible, then making them available to re-builders, stylists or ‘special builders’ (or whatever they are called) to fashion. Royal Enfield benefit, as the one-off’s bring people’s attention to the brand, without the expense of running another production line.

PS Few people are going to pay over the odds to have Ohlins front and rear on their 650 RE, nor hand built wheels. People though can get the idea of what’s been done and maybe do a bit themselves, if it’s only adding the seat.

They're already selling as many of the standard models as they can knock out. As Wapping says, why not leave it to the after market bods?

I believe they're re planning a 450 dohc Himmy though.

Sent from reality.

I see Tom Hurley Custom Seats also gets a a mention. He's in Livingston. I keep meaning to get my X-Country seat over to him to be remodelled.

I had my scrambler done there, a bit expensive I would say and for my backside no more comfortable than the stick seat.

I had my scrambler done there, a bit expensive I would say and for my backside no more comfortable than the stick seat.

Yet you are apparently keen on repeating the unsuccessful and expensive exercise? I suspect you are not Yorkshireman. You are instead one of those gullible southerners, who has moved up there, paying through the nose for a property, thereby rendering the common working local man unable to afford even a cup of tea and one biscuit.

Yet you are apparently keen on repeating the unsuccessful and expensive exercise? I suspect you are not Yorkshireman. You are instead one of those gullible southerners, who has moved up there, paying through the nose for a property, thereby rendering the common working local man unable to afford even a cup of tea and one biscuit.

No, he's just someone who didn't manage to successfully quote my post.

I read the transcript of an interview with the RE CEO recently and he made the point that something like 80% of their market is in Asia.

So unless a new bike makes sense for that market, they're just not interested. Whilst we see them sell in decent numbers over here, in reality we are a fraction of their world. So I guess that what makes sense to us, might not to them.

Back
Top Bottom