2023 Honda Transalp launched

My lad had a Transalp that he got off this site, it was a fantastic bike, very capable touring machine. I really hoped Honda would bring out a revision - not too heavy, big enough to fit me, comfy enough to tour, and light enough for my dodgy knees. I really like the sound of this, and pretty sure we saw some of them in the desert in Morocco a few weeks ago (as well as some CRF's.

My lad had a Transalp that he got off this site, it was a fantastic bike, very capable touring machine. I really hoped Honda would bring out a revision - not too heavy, big enough to fit me, comfy enough to tour, and light enough for my dodgy knees. I really like the sound of this, and pretty sure we saw some of them in the desert in Morocco a few weeks ago (as well as some CRF's.

Rally pack

a4c950f3774890e77891b680dc901a39.jpg

It was all going so well until I got to the bit about tubed tyres...
:blast

And 16 litre tank. At 65 mpg it falls down on range for me. Why do manufacturers persist in supplying bikes with tubed tyres? Bmw changed over to tubeless on their f800gs as did Hondas Africa twin. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there’s nothing to stop you putting a tube into a tubeless setup if you feel you must run tubes but for the use I and many others but our bikes to tubeless is much better. I think it looks like a typical Honda and they know their market. It will sell well. JJH

Starting at £7995, so it seems

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304694238830

I think at that price it will sell very well

If it’s going to be that price my first concerns would be brakes and suspension. They’re obviously following the Yamaha business model of building bikes down to a budget so you’ll just be getting the most basic (cheapest) available and the testers writing for MCN etc will concentrate on the price and they’ll sell as many as they can get into the country on PCP deals even with high interest rates.

I predict high initial sales and high return of bike option being taken on the PCP.

And 16 litre tank. At 65 mpg it falls down on range for me. Why do manufacturers persist in supplying bikes with tubed tyres? Bmw changed over to tubeless on their f800gs as did Hondas Africa twin. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there’s nothing to stop you putting a tube into a tubeless setup if you feel you must run tubes but for the use I and many others but our bikes to tubeless is much better. I think it looks like a typical Honda and they know their market. It will sell well. JJH

The tank is 17 litre I think and that equates to about 240 miles to empty . How much do you need , FFS ?

Starting at £7995, so it seems

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304694238830

I think at that price it will sell very well

Damn , I was £4 out :)

Best get your order in then;)

Nah.

I’m out because it doesn’t have a 500 mile range
I’m out because it doesn’t have tubeless
I’m out because it doesn’t have shaft drive.

In any case, More Crap News are guessing £9750

82fd08681928bce7f57b50c5b6645eca.png

Might be tempted by the Hornet though, at under £6k.

You’d think Colwyn Bay, being a main dealer, would be somewhere close with their ‘approximate’ price.

Be interesting to see what the real world economy is and the shape of the torque curve for use on gravel or tracks. It doesn't specifiy if the kerb weight is with a full tank, there could be another 10kgs to add to the 208 claimed.

Be interesting to see what the real world economy is and the shape of the torque curve for use on gravel or tracks. It doesn't specifiy if the kerb weight is with a full tank, there could be another 10kgs to add to the 208 claimed.

These modern parallel twins are very economical.
My Adv 790R did over 60mpg and had more power so I reckon 65mpg with the Transalp is bang on.

I can get in the 70’s mpg on the Tenere 700

Back
Top Bottom