2023 Honda Transalp launched

The fuel economy converts to 65mpg. That is decent. I really like the styling. I find many bikes, particularly KTM’s, over designed, similar to many of the latest cars. I expect it will steal a lot of sales from their own NC750X

I am with you on this, things are over designed for the sake of it. It is a bit bland bt if you drop it doing a bit of light off roading your not picking up or scratching a load of pieces. 65mpg prety good and its only a smidge of 200kg as kerb weight

I Colywn suggest an approx of 7995, but thats only £1200 more than a CB500X and you get a lot more bike, its main competitor the Tenere is £9,900, surely got to be nearer the £9k mark

LOL I didn't even realize 70 hp with a torque curve as flat as Kansas is underpowered.....

LOL I didn't even realize 70 hp with a torque curve as flat as Kansas is underpowered.....

It is...............on these pages:p

I think it is if you are not riding bends, if you are riding bends you can shred a rear tyre in 1500 miles with 40BHP! Bring on the bends...Some people have a funny idea of power, they really do think that more is better, when in reality it can be a pain in the arse, especially off road or on tight hairpins and copious bends.

It is...............on these pages:p

I said its lack of power . You boys translated that to underpowered !
Not me.
I was simply commenting on the fact that JB says he gets 70mpg, and I said that was hardly surprising given its lack of power, in reference to the new Transalp with about 25% more power and the KTM890 with about 40% more .
If the Tenere only gets 5 more mpg for such a power deficit, then it doesn’t seem that efficient.

Or maybe climbing grades two-up with luggage, at higher speed. In my case 60 hp in a 500# or less motorcycle is plenty as I ride solo and seldom faster than 80 mph.

Did this slip under the radar?

It did mine anyway. Probably in the shadow of the new Transalp.

Attachments

• 999C3DA1-CFA7-4999-8836-656EC8F803C5.jpg
    999C3DA1-CFA7-4999-8836-656EC8F803C5.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 432
New TrannySlap eh? Nah front wheel too big and skinny for the road - looks nice, but I'm out.

Really !! not being funny but there are a heap of bikes out there 21" front wheels that do just fine on road Africa twin being one ?
90.5 bhp with 208kg will be ok as the Africa twin at 105 with an extra 35KG still pulls a decently

I ordered one today from Doble, no proper price yet but they ordered the bike with a £200 deposit and once the price is released if im not happy with it they will refund the deposit, and cancel the order, but if it is £7999 I will be happy, they say next spring for delivery !! no price on the option packs either as of 09:30 this morning

this is not a replacement for the 1250GS Rallye this maybe a replacement for the GSXS1000 GT as my work bike

Rob

Really !! not being funny but there are a heap of bikes out there 21" front wheels that do just fine on road Africa twin being one ?
90.5 bhp with 208kg will be ok as the Africa twin at 105 with an extra 35KG still pulls a decently

I ordered one today from Doble, no proper price yet but they ordered the bike with a £200 deposit and once the price is released if im not happy with it they will refund the deposit, and cancel the order, but if it is £7999 I will be happy, they say next spring for delivery !! no price on the option packs either as of 09:30 this morning

this is not a replacement for the 1250GS Rallye this maybe a replacement for the GSXS1000 GT as my work bike

Rob

This made me chuckle, all of it.

Starting at £7995, so it seems

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304694238830

I think at that price it will sell very well

I agree. And even if it is built down to a budget like other bikes in this class, the old style Honda wing badge at the top of the fairing takes us back to a period when Honda build quality was better than the rest. Clever marketing.

I honestly believe that for the riding a lot of us here actually do, this bike is more than enough and a massive saving compared to a new GS. Look how capable an 1150 GS is with less than 90bhp. We have become numbed by the numbers.

I agree. And even if it is built down to a budget like other bikes in this class, the old style Honda wing badge at the top of the fairing takes us back to a period when Honda build quality was better than the rest. Clever marketing.

I honestly believe that for the riding a lot of us here actually do, this bike is more than enough and a massive saving compared to a new GS. Look how capable an 1150 GS is with less than 90bhp. We have become numbed by the numbers.

Very much agree with all of the above:beerjug:

My thoughts too, looks a bit soft and fluffy...........especially compared to the Ducati/KTM/Yamaha middleweight Adv Bikes

It does look predictably 'Honda'. But perhaps that's a good thing. It's becoming a busy segment so amongst the angular bikes maybe there's space for a bike that sets itself aside.

I know this is the Transalp replacement, but to me - a 750 twin in those colours - it really reminds me of my old RD02 Africa Twin and that's a good thing.

Looks like the new Tranny has the same power to weight as the AT is that "extra 35Kgs" is correct. Still wan to see a torque curve though.

I wonder where the idea for the paint scheme came from ..;);)

Attachments

• 75C051F6-015E-47F9-8CDA-3BAEFB1A7F50.jpeg
    75C051F6-015E-47F9-8CDA-3BAEFB1A7F50.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 302

Back
Top Bottom