2023 Honda Transalp launched

I wonder where the idea for the paint scheme came from ..;);)

It’s from the original model 87 model :p
2f87a5182353b70c1e752a3bf8887480.jpg

interestingly the new model is more or less the same weight but with 80% !!!! more power and more economical to boot. but I suppose its to be expected to a certain extent.

Guzzi must have pinched the design then, the Guzzi NTX 650 was in production from 1979-85, later than the Honda

I agree. And even if it is built down to a budget like other bikes in this class, the old style Honda wing badge at the top of the fairing takes us back to a period when Honda build quality was better than the rest. Clever marketing.

I honestly believe that for the riding a lot of us here actually do, this bike is more than enough and a massive saving compared to a new GS. Look how capable an 1150 GS is with less than 90bhp. We have become numbed by the numbers.

The 1150 is a GS though, and we all know what damage a well ridden GS to something with twice the power. Not sure there will be any well ridden Transalp, and if there are, it clearly will never be a match for a GS :D

I am disappointed, tubed tyres WTAF?, it cant be cost, it has to be some idiot thinking it makes the bike have off road credibility.
The biggest omission is a DCT option, if the engine is based on the AT then how hard would it have been to offer DCT? the technology is there, the development work is done.

I am disappointed, tubed tyres WTAF?, it cant be cost, it has to be some idiot thinking it makes the bike have off road credibility.
The biggest omission is a DCT option, if the engine is based on the AT then how hard would it have been to offer DCT? the technology is there, the development work is done.

The DCT box weighs 10 kg on the AT, that would be a big difference on this bike

The DCT box weighs 10 kg on the AT, that would be a big difference on this bike

I agree it adds weight but, would only add weight if the buyer ticked the dct option box.
The CRF1000 kicked out 94 BHP (dont know about the 1100) and that 10kg was never an issue unless it fell over and needed picking up.

I would have loved to see a DCT transalp and certainly wouldn't be worried about the extra 10kg as the benefits are worth the 5% increase.

Honda when building the bike would have a ballpark figure they know they will be selling it for and a price to build to so why not release the price when it goes on sale ? Is it purely a marketing strategy to gain interest or some other reason ? it did cross my mind they might trawl though social media to glean a maximum price they can achieve but it seams highly unlikely given the time and development that's gone into the project.

the bike is growing on me I must say but I cant imagine its a better bike than the Tuareg .

the bike is growing on me I must say but I cant imagine its a better bike than the Tuareg .

:agree

Tuaregs available now for £8600 new.

Honda when building the bike would have a ballpark figure they know they will be selling it for and a price to build to so why not release the price when it goes on sale ?....

Here's just my guess. I imagine Honda corporate have been working with Honda EU, Asia, North America, etc., on pricing based on how many units each market feels they can buy from corporate and sell to their dealers. The higher the numbers the greater economy of scale (assuming corporate can build them). Also if bikes won't be delivered for months may as well wait a bit to see what the new competitive models might be priced. Then each market will announce their price.

I mentioned Honda NA but we don't know if it'll even be coming here? Probably won't for this year anyway.

:agree

Tuaregs available now for £8600 new.

:green gri eek that's really cheap the best ive seen is £8800 plus otr so £8950. it can only be a matter of time before people realise its the best middleweight bike out there and buy them all up :green gri:green gri.
people often stick with the familiar :comfort

Also if bikes won't be delivered for months may as well wait a bit to see what the new competitive models might be priced. Then each market will announce their price.

I mentioned Honda NA but we don't know if it'll even be coming here? Probably won't for this year anyway.

thats interesting I didn't think of that regarding delivery :thumb

did you get any of the previous transalps ? would have thought NA would be a big market with all the land and space you have with a the BDR etc :beerjug:

Saw mention that it will be priced at 10,500 euro, so today that would be £9,100 if correct...... not bad

That would be about $10,800 here does that include VAT, if so what % is VAT? That could cover the sales tax we have to pay.

That would be about $10,800 here does that include VAT, if so what % is VAT? That could cover the sales tax we have to pay.
It would be VAT inclusive, that's 20% in the UK not sure what rate in euro land

Back
Top Bottom