2023 Honda Transalp launched

Not yet went to dealers to get an idea of trade in price for my Triumph Scram 1200 XE for either one of these or the Toureg, maybe back tracking a bit given the scram does 62 to a gallon, weight is not too dissimilar and has a good set up imo. for on and off road.

Does anyone know when they are arriving in dealers? a friend wants to downsize from a GS12, could be the perfect bike for her

Cheers Martin, going to go down today, demand will be high so need to get in early

I’m kind of tempted as no longer have a Starbucks bike but not sure I need one . I’m also trying to work out why the Translap is £2500 more than the Hornet.
Going to look at the latter hopefully this afternoon as killing time before flight home tonight

trannie

I was told by dealer that once bike arrives in dealers next month and I can have a test ride and should be able to get a white one pretty quickly and no long lead in, but I am sure that may alter as soon as the bike is out

My delivery of a white one has been put back from May to July, I could have a grey or black in May !! what was the point of the ordering process ?? I might do what I did with the X-adv and cancel it and wait for the dealer to come to me when they get stock !! Im in no rush, Ill use one of the other bikes ive got for the Scotland trip ive booked for July

Rob

My delivery of a white one has been put back from May to July, I could have a grey or black in May !! what was the point of the ordering process ?? I might do what I did with the X-adv and cancel it and wait for the dealer to come to me when they get stock !! Im in no rush, Ill use one of the other bikes ive got for the Scotland trip ive booked for July

Rob

That is bloody annoying.
My dealer has a white one coming in for demo, supposedly by the end of April-they had to order a demo as couldn’t get one for stock.
BUT he says I can have it if I want it, so I’m going to give it a run as soon as its in and go from there.
I am quite tempted as it would be the perfect filler between the ADV350 and Goldwing.
Plus wifey is happy riding the R7 so we could take both bikes to our place in Brittany and she could still hop on the back of the Translap for days out if she didnt fancy riding.

I do like the idea of a lightweight adventure bike.

If I did get one, the only extras I would bother with would be heated grips, quickshifter and main stand, and I’m assuming dealer can fit all three ?

Those are very positive reviews, for a bike in a highly competitive part of the market. Feels like it's going to be very popular.

At over 200kg it is not what I call lightweight I'm afraid.

So what would you call a lightweight adventure bike ?

It is compared to a 260 kg GS.
It’s all relative.My 701LR weighed 172kgs fully fuelled with 25 litres .
That was lightweight yet Andy B would say it wasnt compared to his 501.

Around 175KG, or preferably less, works well for me.
At my age anything more than that gets a big no.
Your 701R would be spot on.

HP2e was lightweight for a boxer

Tenere
Tuareg 660
Transalp

All in the same 200kg fuelled ballpark so fit the bill well of a middleweight adv bike

Downsizing my Crosstourer due to some health issues I considered an Africa Twin as the obvious replacement but it’s still fairly heavy and tall plus it’s got tubed tyres…

This bike looked great at the NEC show with some accessories thrown on it , namely the big bash plate and some crash bars. I was disappointed it didn’t make a little bit more power and it wasn’t available as a DCT and agin tubed tyres.

Downsizing my Crosstourer due to some health issues I considered an Africa Twin as the obvious replacement but it’s still fairly heavy and tall plus it’s got tubed tyres…

This bike looked great at the NEC show with some accessories thrown on it , namely the big bash plate and some crash bars. I was disappointed it didn’t make a little bit more power and it wasn’t available as a DCT and agin tubed tyres.

How much did you want it to have ??
It makes over 90 bhp and has a better power to weight ratio than the Africa Twin 1100 and a very similar power to weight ratio to the Crosstourer.
All reviews have praised the motor, especially how quick the bike is .
Maybe actually ride one before declaring it needs more power ?

Back
Top Bottom