2023 Honda Transalp launched

How much did you want it to have ??
It makes over 90 bhp and has a better power to weight ratio than the Africa Twin 1100 and a very similar power to weight ratio to the Crosstourer.
All reviews have praised the motor, especially how quick the bike is .
Maybe actually ride one before declaring it needs more power ?

My mistake Martin , I thought I had read somewhere it was around 80. 100bhp is a nice round number but fair play 90 is pretty damn close. To be fair to me I never actually said it needed more power :thumb

Just checked the specs properly it’s just under 30% down on bhp but 24% down on weight on comparison so not a great deal less like you said. It’s only 55lb ft though which is 41% less than the CT which would be a lot less ‘shove’…

It’s a moot point because I picked up what I think might be my unicorn bike yesterday. The CT has to haul 2.16kg per bhp , Transalp 2.3kg and my new steed only 2kg plus it’s got 25% more torque than the Transalp , tubeless tyres , cruise , quick shifter and better electronics package ;).

My mistake Martin , I thought I had read somewhere it was around 80. 100bhp is a nice round number but fair play 90 is pretty damn close. To be fair to me I never actually said it needed more power :thumb

I think it’s 91 bhp and 209kgs so .435 power to weight ratio
AT 1100 is 100.5/226 (non DCT) so .444
Crosstourer is 127/275 so .46.

All pretty similar but the Transalp will be easier to get in and out garage etc

Thats the main reason I ordered one Im finding 240-250kg bikes a bit of a pain getting in /out and moving around in the garage
I think 90 ish bhp and 208-9 kg will be better for me, my Tiger sport 660 was really easy compared with the GS / Vstrom

I only wish that there was no delay and it was going here for my Scotland trip in June but it looks like the Mighty 1050XT will be doing that this year, no problem going on it as it truly is a great mile muncher, its got cruise control and great top loading metal panniers and its brand new, first service this Wednesday in preporation for the 1800 mile trip

Rob

Thats the main reason I ordered one Im finding 240-250kg bikes a bit of a pain getting in /out and moving around in the garage
I think 90 ish bhp and 208-9 kg will be better for me, my Tiger sport 660 was really easy compared with the GS / Vstrom

I only wish that there was no delay and it was going here for my Scotland trip in June but it looks like the Mighty 1050XT will be doing that this year, no problem going on it as it truly is a great mile muncher, its got cruise control and great top loading metal panniers and its brand new, first service this Wednesday in preporation for the 1800 mile trip

Rob

same reason I’d get one .
My ADV350 is such a doddle to push around as is Wing with it’s crawler F and R modes.

My dealer reckons his demo Translap will be here in about 2s weeks and if I want it I can have it immediately.

Tempting ! Will certainly give it a run and go from there but he’s given me first dibs seeing as we’ve had 3 bikes off him in last 12 months .

I think it’s 91 bhp and 209kgs so .435 power to weight ratio
AT 1100 is 100.5/226 (non DCT) so .444
Crosstourer is 127/275 so .46.

All pretty similar but the Transalp will be easier to get in and out garage etc

Just checked the specs properly it’s just under 30% down on bhp but 24% down on weight on comparison so not a great deal less like you said. It’s only 55lb ft though which is 41% less than the CT which would be a lot less ‘shove’…

It’s a moot point because I picked up what I think might be my unicorn bike yesterday. The CT has to haul 2.16kg per bhp , Transalp 2.3kg and my new steed only 2kg plus it’s got 25% more torque than the Transalp , tubeless tyres , cruise , quick shifter and better electronics package ;).

And it’s definitely a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of the garage than the CT :thumb

Attachments

• 8B43FEDD-390B-40DC-99EE-7147B1A0408E.jpg
    8B43FEDD-390B-40DC-99EE-7147B1A0408E.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 206
  • 16EF5D49-F386-4D90-8927-88D644B15796.jpg
    16EF5D49-F386-4D90-8927-88D644B15796.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 204

And it’s definitely a hell of a lot easier to get in and out of the garage than the CT but :thumb

Go on…..what is it ?

Very nice .

Bit more than £9.5k though :)

It is if you buy a new one……mine is a 22 plate with less than 800 miles ….still a bit more than a new Transalp but not £3k more….. .Only did about 90 miles bringing here home , bloody great engine , loads of poke and 67mpg if you can believe the dash. Nearly threw it on its side taking it off the sides stand it feels that much lighter , weight seems lower down . ;)

It is if you buy a new one……mine is a 22 plate with less than 800 miles ….still a bit more than a new Transalp but not £3k more….. .Only did about 90 miles bringing here home , bloody great engine , loads of poke and 67mpg if you can believe the dash. Nearly threw it on its side taking it off the sides stand it feels that much lighter , weight seems lower down . ;)

Not ridden one but I had a KTM ADV790
R and that flew so yours must be even better, being based on the 890.

This engine is a peach, I was thinking today whilst giving my hornet a decent work out in the 33c heat, just how nice it is, smooth, revvy, no vibes and the engine management is very good, quick shifter would be a good option to take if not fitted as standard...It works really well and you can tune it in the computer for your needs, very easy to do.

If I ever want a mile muncher with some off road capability, it will be my next bike...Only life will know.

d4c1b4c05ce079502853455d2cb0444c.jpg

Have to admit thats rather pretty. Can see myself on one at some point in the future. Reckon H have finally come up trumps with a pair of cracking bikes around that engine. Might even risk a test ride if my local dealers doing them.

Back
Top Bottom