Super Meteor 650

Jazbee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some early pics.......
c6dc3ba2b23c316e481f6a2cab017480.jpg
d457db8aa9fe7de4c9326eee03c66d92.jpg
99bffd8cc92eb70661378ba00bef112c.jpg

Prefer the Interceptor and COntinental GT but you can't blame RE for expanding the range and making further use of that engine, I'm sure it will be very competitively priced and will appeal to a lot of peole who like that style of bike.

It's not my cup if tea either but I'm sure it will sell as well if not better than the smaller Meteor. I think a 650 Himmy would really do well, I would be sorely tempted to add that to the garage with my Interceptor.

Everything RE does has a historic back drop, all these bikes were here before.
Super Meteor goes back to the 50's, it was followed by the Meteor Minor 500 twin, Interceptor 750 came out in 1962
Continental GT came out in 1964, followed by the revised Interceptor in 65, Interceptor 1A in 67 and Interceptor II in 1970.

There are more historic RE's that could yet resurface, like the Constellation, Crusader, Clipper, Fury, Ensign etc etc.

I would expect that the Interceptor and GT will increased to 750cc capacity in the not too distant future, based on the way RE has historically developed it models.

A few old advertisement examples from my man cave.....
61da3fbe320e227db2d2a3b908904290.jpg
c3597ed3a93f2aed8f47b68e09207094.jpg
0d156b6df8789bd6b142b9b6d21c76a5.jpg

It should appeal to bods on this forum who find their GS:

A. Too tall

B. Too heavy to lift onto or off its stands

C. Lacking presence (whatever that is)

The more pictures I see the more it looks like one of those horrible ‘factory custom’ things the Japanese manufacturers offered to gullible punters from the late 1970s through to the mid 1980s :barf

It’s that ugly you could put a Honda badge on it and fool most people :D

It's not my cup if tea either but I'm sure it will sell as well if not better than the smaller Meteor. I think a 650 Himmy would really do well, I would be sorely tempted to add that to the garage with my Interceptor.

Everything RE does has a historic back drop, all these bikes were here before.
Super Meteor goes back to the 50's, it was followed by the Meteor Minor 500 twin, Interceptor 750 came out in 1962
Continental GT came out in 1964, followed by the revised Interceptor in 65, Interceptor 1A in 67 and Interceptor II in 1970.

There are more historic RE's that could yet resurface, like the Constellation, Crusader, Clipper, Fury, Ensign etc etc.

I would expect that the Interceptor and GT will increased to 750cc capacity in the not too distant future, based on the way RE has historically developed it models.

A few old advertisement examples from my man cave.....
61da3fbe320e227db2d2a3b908904290.jpg
c3597ed3a93f2aed8f47b68e09207094.jpg
0d156b6df8789bd6b142b9b6d21c76a5.jpg

I love the protective clothing in the photos. Did people really ride in tee shirts and loafer in the late 50’s? Compare that to the Klim clad full face riders of today!

I don't get the hate for this. They're obviously going after the Sportster/custom market and there are a lot of styling cues in there tipping a nod to H-D. Proportionally its nicely done, and it's certainly nicer than the 750 Harleys and a lot of the Jap custom style bikes. I think it'll sell like hot cakes. Not for me, I'm keeping my Inty - but this isn't a bad offering from RE.

I don't get the hate for this. They're obviously going after the Sportster/custom market and there are a lot of styling cues in there tipping a nod to H-D. Proportionally its nicely done, and it's certainly nicer than the 750 Harleys and a lot of the Jap custom style bikes. I think it'll sell like hot cakes. Not for me, I'm keeping my Inty - but this isn't a bad offering from RE.

Oh dear, it seems that you have the woke disease of calling it hate just because others express an opinion different to yours. Err, it is not hate, people just happen to have a different aesthetic view than yourself. A thicker skin is needed methinks.

Oh dear, it seems that you have the woke disease of calling it hate just because others express an opinion different to yours. Err, it is not hate, people just happen to have a different aesthetic view than yourself. A thicker skin is needed methinks.

Really? I'm not upset, or offended, or triggered. I just don't get it. Nothing to do with having a thin skin, or otherwise - and I'm wasn't just referring to here either. There's loads of 'hate' on some of the RE groups I'm in. If you don't like it, move on without comment.

Anyway, you do you.

Really? I'm not upset, or offended, or triggered. I just don't get it. Nothing to do with having a thin skin, or otherwise - and I'm wasn't just referring to here either. There's loads of 'hate' on some of the RE groups I'm in. If you don't like it, move on without comment.

Anyway, you do you.

Definition of Forum

A forum is a place, situation, or group in which people exchange ideas and discuss issues.

Happy to help with your understanding

It’s a style that’s very popular in the Indian sub continent and they’ll sell everything they make but it’s not a style that’s ever really taken off in the UK.

I like the Continental GT but I’m a relic who started riding bikes legally close to 50 years ago and I’ve always liked that type of bike.

Back
Top Bottom