Heated grips gone AWOL!

timeandtide

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Recently had to replace the battery of my 13 plate 1190 Adventure R - since doing so the heated grips still appear in the menu options but unable to switch them on.
Any helpful suggestions welcome ( apart from “ never should have sold the GS”!)

Should have added that I read of someone who experienced the same problem on one of the KTM forums but unfortunately no explanation of the solution ( if any!)
Noticeable that you get far more and quicker responses on here!

I did read somewhere that (it may have been KTM) are offering all menu options on bikes when sold, then after 12 months, they are all turned off

wait for it... the ones you want, are the ones you will have to pay an additional premium for.

If you didnt or dont use the option, you let it stay turned off.

Your problem is odd...

is there no option to do a factory reset ?

I did read somewhere that (it may have been KTM) are offering all menu options on bikes when sold, then after 12 months, they are all turned off

wait for it... the ones you want, are the ones you will have to pay an additional premium for.

If you didnt or dont use the option, you let it stay turned off.

Your problem is odd...

is there no option to do a factory reset ?

Sorry didn’t make it clear - I’ve had the bike for some years (from a member of this parish) and heated grips have always been fine.
It’s only since I’ve recently replaced the battery (with a lithium one) that they’ve gone awol.

Back
Top Bottom