Daytona boot sizing

markymark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are Daytona boots true to size or is it worth going up a size like you do with the Italian stuff ? :D:D:D

Can't be arsed going to a dealers to try on :blast:blast:blast:blast

My experience is that they're sized large on a last for a high volume foot. I tried on several pairs of Trans Open GTX a few years ago and they were all far too big for my narrow size 42/43 feet.

It's all about the girth, not length.

They are true to size in terms of length but there are only a couple of boots in the range I can actually get on due to my thick feet not being able to get past the ankle bend. Both pairs I have are short shaft ones, Journey XCR & Rainbow GTX.

We only have one pair each, but they seem true, if not slightly bigger?
Go up a size at you peril!

I find my Spirit XCR and Road Star boots true to size. When trying on / ordering, check the width sizes they come in to.

Depends what you are sizing them against. My Altbergs were a 10, but my Travel Star Daytona was a 44, which is 9.5 with space, 10 was massive

I have 2 pairs of Daytona's
Road Star GTX
AC Dry GTX
Normally take a 45 motorcycle boot, got these in 44, great fit with room for thicker sock if needed
Sportsbikeshop have some good reductions on at the moment and motolegends will match and 10% off
Best bike boots I have ever owned
They do a wide version of the Road Star - £2 dearer
The road Star have 2 adjustable velcro lines at the calf for a good fit
They also do an 'M' version with a 2.5 cm lift for short arses

Used Daytona for many years .... always found them true to size :thumb2

:beerjug:

I have 3 pairs of Travel star Pros and a couple of the Strive gtx boots, every pair has always fitted consintently the same straight out of the box- which is all day comfort from day one.

I am usually a 44.5-45 boot but the 44 in Daytona is perfect with a decent sock underneath, i reckon they are true to size but with some nice wiggle room to spare.

I have a great idea….. Can’t be arsed to try them on, so I’ll ask a bunch of blokes, all with different sized and shaped feet, what they think of sizing. Surprise, surprise, some say they fit to size, whilst some say that they don’t.

Here’s my news….. I have four pairs; two pairs are different sizes to the other two. All four pairs fit. Make what you will of that. I did though try them all on first. One pair, I went all the way to Germany to try on, rejecting two, before settling on the third. Actually, that’s not completely true, I was in Germany anyway, so it was a good opportunity to go shopping for motorcycle boots.

PS Wessie, who I understand knows plenty about the relative merits of girth versus length, has it about right.

It depends.

Last pair I bought was a pair of Travel Star Pro GTX. I am normally an 8.5 or 9UK (tending towards the 8.5)

I also tried the Road Star GTX at the same time.

In the Travel Star Pro, EU size 42 fitted perfectly, but in the Road Star I needed the 43. So there can even be variance between different boots from the same company.

Bottom line is.....go and try some on.

Not sure on the length as i always go a size up to get the width anyway, but their boot widths are sized every two sizes: (from Daytona when i bought my last pair)

thank you for your request.

Our widthsrange is always the same for double sizes:

40/41 42/43 44/45 and so on

So the size 41 is a little tighter than the 42

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Christina Frey

Berta Frey & Söhne oHG
daytona Schuhfabrik
Bahnhofstrasse 5+6
84307 Eggenfelden
Deutschland

For me a UK size 10, the 43 Roadstar GTX fitted the feet perfectly.

Yet, a conversion of a UK size 10 gives a European size 44. 43 in European sizing, is about a UK nine and a quarter size, maybe even a nine and a half. This’ll only serve to further confuse the OP and possibly drive him towards being arsed to try a pair of boots on.

Back
Top Bottom