Bill Smiths new Indian dealer

Davel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It might be old news now but Bill Smiths have just taken on Indian motorcycles at their Chester site.

:thumb2

They are also BSA Dealers for the new Gold Star

They lost their Triumph franchise recently to completely motorcycles so suppose they are looking for other avenues for sales

I wish them well, I bought my first bike from them in 77 and prior to that used to cycle from school to go and drool over the bikes

I think they were expecting some bikes to arrive last Monday but maybe phone first to check.

The clothing was arriving last week

Some bikes are in the showroom but the bigger ones like the Chief are not in yet.

Over the last six months I have seen a raft of new brands in Bill Smiths. It was alway Triumph heavy with some Suzuki and Vespa presence, plus the occasional Kawasaki. Now it has a raft of emerging Chinese brands Morini Kymco etc , Vespa Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Kawasaki. Plus as you go in there is a smart E motorcycle, can’t remember the brand but it looked smart.

Over the last six months I have seen a raft of new brands in Bill Smiths. It was alway Triumph heavy with some Suzuki and Vespa presence, plus the occasional Kawasaki. Now it has a raft of emerging Chinese brands Morini Kymco etc , Vespa Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Kawasaki. Plus as you go in there is a smart E motorcycle, can’t remember the brand but it looked smart.

See my post above they lost the Triumphs

I guessed that , also I went into the new Deeside Triumph recently, nice set up.

They are closing the old Triumph showroom and moving everything to the Honda shop on the A41. They own the whole honda block and plan to redevelop it into a much bigger combined dealership.

I can see old Bill Smith jumping over Ballaugh Bridge on an Indian. Bill made his name riding for Honda as many knew won the formula 3 world championship for them when the IOM and other road races were part of the championship. He then was given the importer status for the uk so every Honda in the uk came via Bill. He got me an RC30 in 88 just because he could and some race team didn’t get one. Great guy and wish his business all success. It’s a fact that local dealers have to go off piste as the major brands are more about dealers money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front of the Indian engines look a right bastid to keep clean !!

Totally agree Kenny , and what better place to stick a reg / rectifier, right in the spray of the front wheel. Nearly as good as my 390Duke, which is tucked under the rear mudguard in all the shit and crap thrown off the rear wheel

I think you'll find that reg/rec is on the side of the battery box.

Battery and reg at the front, and yes, a pig to keep clean, especially at the back.

BUT:

The smile on your face when riding the thing makes it all worth while....

Now we are seemingly immersed in this 'woke' society, will the Indian need to change to become the Native American? Would that fit on the tank?

Now we are seemingly immersed in this 'woke' society, will the Indian need to change to become the Native American? Would that fit on the tank?

Don't you mean First Nation People?
That certainly wouldn't fit!

Back
Top Bottom