THE GREAT CHRISTMAS ESCAPE 2022

BAKERMAN

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A offshoot of GS Event The HOGRAOST, we now do this event between Christmas and New Year.

WE have outgrown the bakery car park with 430 riders last year, we have gone all modern and are pre pay at Event bright.

www.thegreatchristmasescape.co.uk

May folks from here have been fantastic supporters of this I hope our new venue suits folks, as we now have plenty of room to park

Depending on where I’m located in the country by then I’d love to make this Steve.
Last saw you on the TAT 2011 - particularly recall your spectacular cow interface being just behind you at the time
.Almost met up again on (last year’s) Iceland trip until the illness and subsequent demise of a mate due to oesophageal cancer and other difficulties obliged me to cancel.
Hope all well?

Well done for organising this again Steve, it must take a huge amount of effort but I know those local charities benefit enormously.

The website is excellent. :thumb:thumb

Who's going from here, Liz and I are and Bakerman is talking me around to leading a group.

I'm still teetering on buying a ticket. Only 16 left now.

Leading or following?

Following.

I'm used to leading around my own locale (Dorset) and have been over the GCE area a few times, I certainly don't know it.

I signed up for this yesterday. Always a great event - and raises so much money for a range of charities.

It’s good to have a day out scheduled in after 2 days of likely over indulgence.

We had a great day out, just the three of us as my head couldn't cope leading others in an area that I'd not been to for quite some time. Everything had changed with signs and new (to me) permissive byways, the GPS helped and I wonder how we ever managed on OS maps in the past.
Thanks for organising and feeding us throughout the day, no easy task when 400+ trail riders are baying at the shut gates half an hour early :) The GPS helped but I expected to be late for lunch with my planned route but made it there early even keeping within the 30mph SPTA track speed limits.

Great effort and sorry not to make it this time....Next year :)

the 30mph SPTA track speed limits.

I'd never heard of that until this weekend. Hope they didn't have any hidden speed cameras :p

Had a great day out (I didn't fall off), and got back in time to avoid the worst of the rain, though I was pretty wet. It was, unsurprisingly, slippery AF and my Christmas morning fitting of new tyres was definitely one of my better decisions :cool:

Great effort Steve and I really must get my arse into gear and do this again next year.

Back
Top Bottom