4 miles left

Not doing that again, if i get lower than 80 miles and see a garage im filling up.

I had an issue doing a fast dash into a headwind heading south out of Glasgow on my GSA on the M6. I coughed and spluttered to a stop in Cumbria with a real wtf?? moment. After coasting to a stop I then leant the bike over to the left as far as I could and a lot of fuel sloshed over in to the left wing of the fuel tank. I restarted and rode on to a fuel stop (truck haven) and brimmed the tank with only about 20 litres.

I can only deduce that due to being at wider than usual throttle openings and a possibly worn petrol pump in the tank, not much excess fuel pressure was left to drive the venturi "sucking jet pump" which returns fuel over to the left wing of the tank where the fuel pump draws from.

the GSA has a 30 ltr tank over the normal GS 20 ltr

During a trip to Scotland i went past a petrol station and thought naaa ill be alright....

i went passed Loch Lomond to my campsite (Beinglass) and my range said 9 Miles!
i wanted to go back to fill up the way i came, but decided to risk it.

i checked google and the nearest station in the direction of travel was 11 miles at the Green Welly stop.
The morning after my range went to zero before i got there... the anxiety was through the roof waiting for the coughing and spluttering.
i made it and the relief was immense

Not doing that again, if i get lower than 80 miles and see a garage im filling up.

Depending on the year, the GSA may have a 33 litre tank like mine!
as I've posted before I've put in 35-36 litres or more on quite a few occasions which was why I wondered what bike he had.
Though as discussed months ago mine doesn't have the cut out inside the right side of the tank for the charcoal canister or as some use it to fit an oil bottle. So may hold more.
So if he has a GSA he probably has even more range left as he assumes he only has a 30 litre capacity.q

as I've posted before I've put in 35-36 litres or more on quite a few occasions which was why I wondered what bike he had.
Though as discussed months ago mine doesn't have the cut out inside the right side of the tank for the charcoal canister or as some use it to fit an oil bottle. So may hold more.
So if he has a GSA he probably has even more range left as he assumes he only has a 30 litre capacity.q

he's here

then again i might be a they

anyway 30 l usable 4 l reserve according to the technical info in the book and on the web site

does that mean i have 34 in total or 26 + 4 = 30

it's the LCs that are 30 litres - the plastic one's are bigger at 33l or something

he's here

then again i might be a they

anyway 30 l usable 4 l reserve according to the technical info in the book and on the web site

does that mean i have 34 in total or 26 + 4 = 30

34-36 litres then.

Back
Top Bottom