TPMS icon

Could be. But not from anything outside . Your bike. The TPMS has the fault.

My bike is 2 weeks old and has about 900 miles on it., I suppose that there may be interference but am doubtful or maybe battery's that are low in the wheel sensor but again am doubtful

My bike is 2 weeks old and has about 900 miles on it., I suppose that there may be interference but am doubtful or maybe battery's that are low in the wheel sensor but again am doubtful
My 1250 was losing the rear pressure reading occasionally, dealer told me they can lose signal and they can calibrate sensor ,still iffy after that so they changed it under warranty.

My 2 week old gs 1250 has started displaying the flat tyre icon next to the tyre pressures on the TFT. Tyres are right pressure on 2 different gauges, don't lose air, no splits tears ,nails or screws Dealer has never heard of it, NO yellow or red warning illuminations either, manual checked to no gain Any ideas?

I think that what is interesting here is what tyre pressure reading is being shown on the display?

If the indicated pressure is too low, does it help to increase the tyre pressure in one or both wheels?
I seem to recall (didn't bother to look it up) that the default lower threshold for displaying a warning is 2,2Bar for front and 2,5Bar fr the rear tyre.

My experience with interference (generaly speakeing,. Has never had aTPMS issue) is that it comes and goes rather quickly, and lasts usually only for a minute or two as I'm driving along. If there is a prolonged periode of fault warning, I find it hard to belive the problem is caused by interference.

But first: Check the tyre pressure reading on the display. And if it's too low, merely add air and take it from there...

Pressures are correct with 2 different gauges, one analogue one digital, the rear wheel Pressure does take longer to load (noticeably) than the front when riding off

Pressures are correct with 2 different gauges, one analogue one digital, the rear wheel Pressure does take longer to load (noticeably) than the front when riding off

So you have the pressure displayed but still a warning light?

Yes the 'flat tyre' warning with an (i) in it along with both front and rear pressures. The warning is in white and does not extinguish when moving, its displayed in conjunction with front and rear pressures

Ah, you're on a tft screen, stupid question but what mode are you in?

Actual(gauged) 36 f 42 rear.
dispayed 37.9 f 44 7 rear

Well, that sure is within acceptable span.

However, if there is a warning, it is always accompanied by a yellow (caution) or red (Stop NOW) triangle.
As long as there is no triangle, it is not considered a warning.

White and green color is used for values that are acceptable to the computer.
Is the tyre symbol showing in all modes or only when certaine modes are selected?

Back
Top Bottom