Recommend a laminated goretex

Yep nivarla has no super fabric,hence I switched to stadler

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Having crashed at 70 mph into a dead horse I can assure you my rukka armas performed brilliantly,the super fabric and armour did its job
I don't wish to be a neigh-sayer :p, but your Armas was one of the few Rukka garments to use Superfabric on top of Armacor. Generally, Rukka's more recent products have been downgraded from Superfabric to Armacor. The latter is well-marketed but far less abrasion-resistant than Superfabric (depending on which Superfabric is used).

It's horses for courses: if I were dead set on Rukka textiles, it would have to be the Kingsley suit because it's the only Rukka textile gear with proper abrasion-resistant materials in the right places. The Kingsley has a double layer of Keprotec and Armacor in the elbows, knees, shoulders, etc.

The double-layering is crucial in motorcycle protective clothing, particularly textiles. Somehow, a double material layer gives more than double the abrasion resistance. But except in the Kingsley suit, Rukka's current clobber uses only a single layer to "protect" the high abrasion-risk areas.

Surely the massive Rukka D30 armour at the normal sliding places kind of protects you? Even if the exterior (pretty strong) fabric degrades, you are still sliding on 20mm of D30?
Yes, I imagine the massive Rukka XTR protectors offer good abrasion resistance if the suit remains sufficiently intact that the armour doesn't budge. Australia's Deakin University found motorcycle clothing often (20-30% of the time) holes in real-world crashes. However, they found the armour prevents abrasion injury. But if the suit abrades too severely, it loses integrity and can't hold the armour in position.

I guess it means we should all buy gear that fits snugly so the armour can't budge in a crash – a reason why made-to-measure gear can be safer.

Yes, I imagine the massive Rukka XTR protectors offer good abrasion resistance if the suit remains sufficiently intact that the armour doesn't budge. Australia's Deakin University found motorcycle clothing often (20-30% of the time) holes in real-world crashes. However, they found the armour prevents abrasion injury. But if the suit abrades too severely, it loses integrity and can't hold the armour in position.

I guess it means we should all buy gear that fits snugly so the armour can't budge in a crash – a reason why made-to-measure gear can be safer.

Yes. And I expect my next textile suit will be a BKS bespoke one. I already buy bespoke business suits and leather bike jackets anyway, so why not go the whole hog on textile bike kit? That said, my Nivala suit has a good few more years left in it and fits really well. Almost to bespoke levels.

Me suarve are you avin a laugh!!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

And then Motolegends will beat it by another 10%.
So you can save 30% on Rukka etc.
Obviously Rukka is utter shite, as I read it here :)

Have to say, thank you for posting this. I had just bought a Nivala 2.0 suit from SBS for £1719.98 and was able to return it and get the same one from MotoLegends for £1547.98!

I expect my next textile suit will be a BKS bespoke one.

The new BKS 100SX textiles look outstanding. Considering the BKS and Hideout Hi-Pro textiles are made-to-measure and über-protective, it’s hard to make a case for similarly-priced Rukka that’s considerably less protective.

The new BKS 100SX textiles look outstanding. Considering the BKS and Hideout Hi-Pro textiles are made-to-measure and über-protective, it’s hard to make a case for similarly-priced Rukka that’s considerably less protective.

which is the very route i've decided to go down just one piece at a time starting with the Salopettes

i wish I’d had done it sooner i might not be so disappointed

Been looking at my old Klim Badlands trousers and was surprised to see that the latest Marrakesh pants EN 17092 rating is better than the Kodiak and Latitude pants. Badlands and Carlsbad are the same ie AA.

which is the very route i've decided to go down just one piece at a time starting with the Salopettes

i wish I’d had done it sooner i might not be so disappointed
had them a few months now

eneded up getting a jacket sooner than i had aniticpated when the zip failed on the (f)ukka for the fifth time and finally came off

they're ok, jacket's baggy as i have an A* tech five air jacket underneath and it sneeds room to expand; salopettes stop you getting a wet middle but water still works up the front due to aero issues and then wets the air jacket which wickes water

I looked at a few Rukka jackets but after learning that many of them didn't fare well in accidents (owner's reports as on here) and on reports of variable quality, I turned my attention to alternative brands including BMW and Rev-it, but then discovered Halvarssons gear. I ended up with the Prime jacket which I've worn for the past 3 years, including in some torrential rain whilst riding in Snowdonia and other UK tours and it's always kept me bone dry. It's reinforced with their Hi-Art abrasion resistant fabrics as well as CE certified armour in elbows, shoulders and I fitted a CE2 back protector to round it off. In over 35 years of riding, it's without a doubt the best jacket I've ever owned. The outlast liner is warm enough in winter to keep out cold down to freezing conditions and it comes with a removable neck warmer. Loads of adjustment in waist and arms for a very snug fit too and some decent venting for summer riding when I remove the outlast liner (despite the claims, you're better off without it in hotter weather). Whilst not a true laminate it as a sewn in breathable waterproof liner which still allows cooling air to circulate from the vents. The Polytex DWR material is pretty waterproof on its own but the Dryway plus liner just ensures not a drop gets inside the jacket. Pockets have w/p zippers and magnetic catches which I much prefer to velcro. It even comes with a zip-out Hi-Viz vest. The bottom line is it does everything that jackets 3 times the price do but in the event of a spill it's a hell of a lot less money to replace. I can ride in relative comfort during the hotter months with it, unlike my mates who use Rukka jackets (don't know which models)and claim they melt when the thermometer rises above mid 20's. It's one of the true M/cycle bargains out there and is top tier quality imho. All I ever wear under it is a base layer (also Halvarssons but take your pick as they all do the same thing).

I wear Klim Carlsbad, excellent gear, waterproof, good ventilation, not cheap but will last for years.

Klim latitude for me. It does it all (comfortable up to 28c - after that it’s klim mesh gear with a klim goretex shell in the pannier in case it rains). The reason I buy klim gear is they do a tall fitting which is genuinely tall and works for me at 6’5” and 110 kg (I’m not fat I’m heavy boned 😁). See picture left, I make a 1200 adventure look diddy😂

Back
Top Bottom