Recommend a laminated goretex

I've had a Klim Carlsbad suit the past year or so. Been very happy with it so far. Done everything i want it to, and as waterproof as i've needed (i ride all year round/most weathers).

One that fits - anything that is laminated Goretex is likely to be decent quality otherwise it will not get the Goretex certification.

As you live in Euroland, be aware you might get something cheaper from an EU retailer such as FC Moto or Louis.de

I bought a rukka nivala 2 suit from f c moto
Had to return after 2 months leaked water through arm vents
And it wasn’t cheap
So I have to disagree with you on that wessie

Depends on what you want to use it for.

In the past I always used Rukka for UK road riding - Armaxis, then Navigatorr. Both excellent. after I threw the Navigatorr down the road I switched to Stadler. I think the build quality is better and the trews in particular are extraordinarily comfortable.

For adventure travel, if you still want laminated, then Klim. Its boxy fit make layering up underneath a doddle and they're by far the best vented suits out there.

anything laminated but not Fukka -

its over priced crap - poppers bust, zip bust twice, zip tags snapped, thin easlily snagged, pulled or holed, now glued my own velcro in place of poppers - £2000 of shite got sucked in

there are few, gortex is no longer king other breathable fabrics out there

what fits and suits you best

my lesson from the NEC - It aint no cheaper than the internet so check prices on a bike clothing web site to compare

Had 2 Rukka. Both laminated. Both replaced under warranty for leaking. Stadler if I could afford it

Check out Bohling motorrad in Germany.

BMW sell some good kit, my Tourguard is excellent (now superseded by paceguard).

Macna is a great brand. It's not "Goretex", but it is a similar technical fabric, laminated. I wear my jacket in all weathers and it does not let water through. And it's about 1/4 the price of a Rukka....

Check out Bohling motorrad in Germany.

BMW sell some good kit, my Tourguard is excellent (now superseded by paceguard).

Just check on the "Full" price you need to take into account the following. The Eu/German vat will be removed but you will need to allow uk customs, carriage, handling and then UK vat. The last jacket I got from them was a good initial price but once everyone got their cut at my expense it it was about 40% more but check. It also took 2 day to the UK customs then 10 days processing then 2 day for courier. Then I found the same jacket on Ebay from a BMW dealer "new old stock" for the same initial price I paid Bohling motorrad plus postage. Sods Law.

Used my Rukka Nivala for two years in all weathers. It’s been faultless.
Just bought a Rukka Raymore for the summer. The fit and finish is top notch .
Would definitely buy another.

What is the gear for, late autumn ,winter and early spring the 3 layer laminate like Rukka, Stadler etc is brilliant but utterly useless in hot weather.

I have some vented 2 layer laminate gear by Lindstrands which is as good as the 3 layer goretex laminate but stll too warm for 25 degrees plus weather,

This summer had to buy mesh gear due to the high temps

Any recommendations for a laminated goretex jacket and pants

What’s your budget?

If you want the ultimate protection, plus made-to-measure comfort, I recommend considering either Hideout Hi-Pro or BKS 100SX laminated clothing. The best textiles money can buy.

Regarding what you can see at Motorcycle Live, I suggest checking out BMW’s new Furka suit. It’s CE AAA rated and supersedes the BMW Atlantis (a brilliant suit, IME).

If you have less expensive tastes, I’d look at the Oxford Hinterland (CE AA rated) and the Halvarssons range.

All of the textiles mentioned above are significantly more protective than the latest Rukka Nivala 2, which has a paltry CE A rating.

Macna is a great brand. It's not "Goretex", but it is a similar technical fabric, laminated. I wear my jacket in all weathers and it does not let water through. And it's about 1/4 the price of a Rukka....
Which Macna jacket is that one?

We have a Macna stockist here in Ireland ...... I'd like to take a look.

S20 5G sent this......

Used my Rukka Nivala for two years in all weathers. It’s been faultless.

Same here, but 4 years for mine. Never got wet despite some truly horrific weather.

I would buy it again.

Why buy new?
There’s an as new Rukka armas on here for sale and it’s immaculate and complete!!
I think it’s up for £750 a bargain!
If it’s your size of course!

I’m looking for a suit to wear here in winter here in Ireland where we get a lot of rain
I have a Bmw rallye suit for summer use

Just check on the "Full" price you need to take into account the following. The Eu/German vat will be removed but you will need to allow uk customs, carriage, handling and then UK vat. The last jacket I got from them was a good initial price but once everyone got their cut at my expense it it was about 40% more but check. It also took 2 day to the UK customs then 10 days processing then 2 day for courier. Then I found the same jacket on Ebay from a BMW dealer "new old stock" for the same initial price I paid Bohling motorrad plus postage. Sods Law.

Same story for me, got hit for duties and a long wait, then found the jacket in UK at same original price as Germany in the meantime whilst looking for the matching trousers. Still much cheaper to buy the outgoing suit than the latest design though, even with the import cost added.

My Enduroguard kit has performed superbly in all conditions from hot weather with all vents open through to cold winter downpours.

I have Klim Badlands , bought 2011, it has seen sterling service over 100,000 miles so far I think,, and has never let in a drop of water so far . Arctic on 2 continents to Death Valley in the summer ,, it’s a top All rounder .

Back
Top Bottom