Wangerland

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi lads,
Anyone visited Wangerland ? Thinking of having a look round the area.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Doc

It is certainly different to going to the Alps.

I’ll see if I can dig out some suggestions on routes.

It is certainly different to going to the Alps.

I’ll see if I can dig out some suggestions on routes.

Thanks Wapping. Is that a bad thing ?

Hi lads,
Anyone visited Wangerland ? Thinking of having a look round the area.
Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers Doc

Is that where all the big knobs hang out ?

I just thought somewhere different.

Thanks Wapping. Is that a bad thing ?

Not at all. Most bods, understandably perhaps, head to where everyone else goes. Try something different, not least as the journey there or back could embrace the Harz, right down to the ‘ring.

Looks like Norfolk looking at a few random images in google

Flat, we were through the area in the early summer, we drove along from Wilhelmshaven and stayed in Emden which was interesting .

Pleasant enough area to visit

Thanks Wapping I will have a look.

No problem.

Whilst I have ridden to and along the German Baltic coast, I haven’t been east-north-east of Assen / Groningen and into that part of Germany. I’d be happy to do it, based on nothing more than there is bound to be something of interest and it would maybe be nice to just trundle along, seeing the sights.

One thing when we rode along the coast which was a bit disappointing were zero views of the sea, the coast road runs parallel to the coast but there is a large defensive sea wall along most of the coast restricting views of the sea and offshore islands with limited access points to coastal villages

This is good:

https://www.motorradstrassen.de/touren/tourentipps/holsteinische-schweiz-fehmarn

As is this:

https://www.motorradstrassen.de/touren/tourentipps/schleswig-holstein

They translate well, link straight int Kurviger for the gps routes and are all free. Instant holidays.

Def worth a visit after checking out your links thanks. Maybe a few nights and then Dokkum as we did not get there last time. Some nice places to stay also.

Back
Top Bottom