Hello from Szewna

sitars

Reaction score
Hello
My name is Michal. I'm from Szewna in Poland.
I have registered "a few" years ago but it is a time to write something. 😉 I have 1200 gsa from 2007.
Best regards for all.
Sitars

Hello Michael .... good to see you on here. Welcome to all things UKGSer :thumby:

Yes, time for you to get stuck in ... enjoy :thumb2

From another Michael

:beerjug:

Dzien dobry Michal, witamy.

My father was Polish but I don’t speak the language, although I do love it’s culture and customs.

My favourite places are Krakow and Zakopane.

One day I may apply for Polish citizenship.

Hello
My name is Michal. I'm from Szewna in Poland.
I have registered "a few" years ago but it is a time to write something. �� I have 1200 gsa from 2007.
Best regards for all.
Sitars

Welcome

Wouldn't you need to speak the language to get citizenship?

Not at all, although it helps. I understand a little Polish but it is a difficult language to learn, I only speak the basics like a small child with limited vocabulary.

Polish citizenship is determined by bloodline (which I already qualify), the only difficult part is that my late Father was born in a village called Dabrowa which is now part of Ukraine following the annexation of Poland post WW2. As the Soviets and Nazi's flattened everything there are no records remaining, I do have his English naturalisation papers from the 1950's stating he was Polish at birth, which I am informed is an acceptable proof of citizenship.

I have family members who are Polish and can help with the bureaucracy involved.

Back
Top Bottom