Gearbox and FD oil

Liqui Moly is a reputable brand, and it’s GL5. It’s your bike, so you can put Fanta in it if you like!
Yea right.

No need to be cocky. It's ME who stated that using any reputable brand that states GL5 compatible should be fine - but the risk I was taking was highlighted to me and someone even recommended I flippin use Fanta

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wasn’t being cocky, just making light of another oil thread.:beerjug:

Slippery....just checked and you’re Castrol gl5 oil will be fine just change it every 3000 miles as it tends to darken, I wouldn’t say turn black just darken which apparently is the oil additives starting to break down due to coming into contact with certain metals within the final drive (ffs don’t call it a diff😮).

Is Comma not a decent brand.... (opie oils sell it)

If anyone is interested I have some Staffordshire air for sale - premium air for your tyres. Hand pumped and only £20 a bar.

Slippery....just checked and you’re Castrol gl5 oil will be fine just change it every 3000 miles as it tends to darken, I wouldn’t say turn black just darken which apparently is the oil additives starting to break down due to coming into contact with certain metals within the final drive (ffs don’t call it a diff😮).

New oil change interval! Gets better every post.

Slippery....just checked and you’re Castrol gl5 oil will be fine just change it every 3000 miles as it tends to darken, I wouldn’t say turn black just darken which apparently is the oil additives starting to break down due to coming into contact with certain metals within the final drive (ffs don’t call it a diff).
I can assure you, the Castrol Transmax I'm using is just fine. And you're gonna tell me the other oils don't change colour?

As for frequency of changes, I think you're a little (way) off with your idea of timing.

Did I call the FD a diff?! Not me!

I'm back in blighty. FD very happy, as is the rest of the bike. Didn't strand me on some zero degree, snow infested Swiss lay-by!

Why would it? I'm using GL5... Yea ok, some other shit might come along and dump me in they lay-by, but it won't be because I was using Transmax....

Just drained the FD oil again and after 6000 miles this time, used Lucas 75-140 synthetic rather than the Castrol stuff that darkens a bit at 3000 miles and it is as clean and clear as it was when i put it in so good result there.

Back
Top Bottom