Lithium Battery Advice Needed (BMW R80RT Custom)

jamiebridge

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum.

I currently have a 91 BMW R80RT special pictured below. (I understand that this will not be to everyones taste).

It is currently running a standard battery (removed in photo 1 for winter prep, present in photo 2). I am looking to replace it with a small lithium battery and hide it away out of sight, potentially an Antigravity 801: https://www.antigravitybatteries-uk.co.uk/small-case-type-batteries/antigravity-battery-ag801.html

It is my understanding that I will need to replace the standard rectifier regulator setup for one that can be used with a lithium battery. I figured while I do this I might as well upgrade the points to an electronic ignition setup too.

My questions are below (thanks in advance for any replies):

1. Does anyone know where I can source a plug and play rectifier regulator for a lithium battery setup in the UK?
  2. Does anyone have any recommendations on electronic ignition kits (again the easier to fit the better)?
  3. Does anyone have any other lithium battery recommendations? The smaller the better and enough CCA's for our needy airheads.
  4. Do I need to change/do anything else?

Many Thanks
Jamie

IMG-3217.jpg

IMG-3060.jpg

Back
Top Bottom