summer textile gear

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies for starting another thread but I wasn't clear in the other one. Currently have a Rukka Airman jacket and trousers which have been great in the summer. All mesh so total ventilation but the big advantage of a liner that can be taken out or put in when it rains or gets a bit cooler. I've had this for about 10 years now and its time for a new one. I love Rukka and the replacement model is the AirGobi suit from Rukka. Looks great but it does not have the liner so you have to buy an overjacket from Rukka or put just a normal rain coat.
Any tips on a mesh jacket and trousers that comes WITH a liner?
I would prefer Rukka as its always what I have ridden with but any recommendations for other options also good.

I have a Rukka Airall. This did not come with a liner. I tend to wear it with regular Rukka Fuel trousers with a Goretex drop liner. I carry a breathable Richa over jacket which is a lot less faff than a zip in liner if you start riding in sunshine then encounter rain (or indeed cold as it works as a windcheater). I can slip it on without having to remove the Rukka jacket. Buy the Airgobi and an overjacket. It's what many on here do.

i have googled the Airgobi and can find very little info about it. Only 1 place seems to sell it in UK let alone Continent. No reviews. Is it so new?

thanks, seems the stretchair is the predecessor to the Airgobi......and a lot cheaper....

just ordered a new set: pants, jacket & back protector from FC Moto for just over 600Euro. Pretty good deal if you ask me......

I have two Rukka mesh suits, one with the waterproof liner, one without.

Of the two, I much prefer the one without. Why?

A. It is rare, that it actually rains all day (if at all) especially in places where the mesh kit is worn for an extended period.

B. To put the liner in, when it starts to rain, requires the jacket and trousers to be taken off. As the process of putting the liner in doesn’t usually start until it is actually raining (pouring) then the taking off of clothes has, by the time you’ve finished in some muddy hedgerow, all but made the palaver pointless.

C. Chucking a half decent water proof top and / or trousers over the top of the unlined suit is generally quicker.

D. If it’s otherwise hot enough, you’ll generally dry pretty quickly anyway, once the rain has passed by.

just ordered a new set: pants, jacket & back protector from FC Moto for just over 600Euro. Pretty good deal if you ask me......

Thanks Richard, I still have my Airman which although a bit worn has the liner option which I tend to use more for if the temperature drops against the wind, and the one I just ordered was the StretchAir. Price was amazing but I guess that has to do with the fact that this model expired this year and will be replaced with the Airgobi .....

Did you need the back protector? The Rukka pocket takes a universal size, actually two types, and you can only wear one jacket. I have 3 level 2 back protectors that get moved from one jacket to another as needed. Yes, I have too many jackets.

Thanks Wessie, actually bought a Rukka one with the jacket. That WAS a crazy price. Had I known I would have taken you up on your offer. I am sure there might be others out there that would be interested in buying one from you

Back
Top Bottom