Sena SMH5 wont pair to Tft

Taxpayer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Despite many attempts & various permutations my Sena will not pair to my Tft on a 2020 GS. In the connections menu it does recognise it,but refuses to pair. If it makes any difference my phone pairs instantly (Xaiomi Redmi Note11)

I havent used the Bmw Motorrad connectivity app as yet. Also my Nav5 works with the Sena.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks for reply. I have checked online & the spec is Bluetooth 5.1
If i can find original docs for it, then i can verify, but your idea is sound (pardon the pun)

I think you'll find the SMH5 is either BT 2.0 or 3.0

I had the same with the Nav5/6 it needs 4.xx

Thanks, i need to find the original docs which will confirm the bluetooth spec. Its odd that even the sena website is unable to help, but quote 5.1 online. I have searched you tube looking for this issue without success.
If you are correct about the spec, then it seems an upgrade is the only other option, which is a shame as it works with the Nav5.

I have found the original packaging & behold the Bluetooth spec is 3.0 The unit works with my Nav5 for music & navigation instructions, although i never used it for phone calls.

Thanks to all for the help, now the hunt for a later headset can begin, for Bluetooth 4.0 or above ?

Back
Top Bottom