Is there much difference between the V7 750 Mk3 and V7 850

brut33

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone on here ridden or owned both. For real life riding is there a great deal of difference?
Reliably, performance, arse ache, back roads, autostrada's, touring and general running around.
Also, are they comfy for a 6'1" galoot with a 31" inside leg?

I've looked ont 'tinternet but can't find a decent comparison.

All appraisals gleefully apreciated as I fancy a middle weight for next summer and a Guzzi revisited
is an itch that I fancy scratching. The V850 Special is er special, but a low mileage V7 Mk3 would work
pending the feedback. If not a V850 Special order could well be placed.
Grazie in anticipo :beerjug:

Anyone on here ridden or owned both. For real life riding is there a great deal of difference?
Reliably, performance, arse ache, back roads, autostrada's, touring and general running around.
Also, are they comfy for a 6'1" galoot with a 31" inside leg?

I've looked ont 'tinternet but can't find a decent comparison.

All appraisals gleefully apreciated as I fancy a middle weight for next summer and a Guzzi revisited
is an itch that I fancy scratching. The V850 Special is er special, but a low mileage V7 Mk3 would work
pending the feedback. If not a V850 Special order could well be placed.
Grazie in anticipo :beerjug:

Some good deals on nearly new V7 850:special £7200 mark,just not down where I want to be price wise.

I’ve had both as loaners from Teasdales while my v85 was in for service or repairs. The new 850 engine is significantly more powerful - torquier at low revs and generally a better ride as result. Overtaking was easy and keeping up with 60mph traffic fairly relaxed. Unlike the 750 where similar was definitely not it’s forte. Neither has good suspension - budget for an upgrade. I seem to remember the 850 was more comfortable though. If it was my money the 750 version would have to be very cheap to compensate for the lack of performance over the 850.

Some good deals on nearly new V7 850:special £7200 mark,just not down where I want to be price wise.

If Brut is in Lancashire these guys are about 80 miles away. I was in on Saturday and their showroom was rammed with bikes. They often have sticker deals on their Guzzis , might be worth a call.

https://www.admotorcycles.co.uk/latest-moto-guzzi-promotions/

I’ve had both as loaners from Teasdales while my v85 was in for service or repairs. The new 850 engine is significantly more powerful - torquier at low revs and generally a better ride as result. Overtaking was easy and keeping up with 60mph traffic fairly relaxed. Unlike the 750 where similar was definitely not it’s forte. Neither has good suspension - budget for an upgrade. I seem to remember the 850 was more comfortable though. If it was my money the 750 version would have to be very cheap to compensate for the lack of performance over the 850.

Thanks chaps.:thumb2

And thanks Austin for the comparison, just what I was looking for.:thumb2
The only thing I need to do now is ride one. I'm hoping it won't be a cramped riding position.

I’m over 6’2” with 33” legs. Yes the V7s are cramped, for me anyway. The seat is low and the pegs are underneath you so it was quite a knee bend. I don’t recall anything about the bars so it was probably about right. I’m sure some mods can be done to seat and or pegs to ease the leg room. Eg my V85 has the high seat and SWMotech pegs on their low position. I’m almost standing on it. Super comfy though.

I took the wife out on pillion of the 850. Very short seat. She wanted to go back home after about 1/2mile. I pretended the intercom wasn’t on and took her to the Stork at Conder Green. Not happy when we got there. Funny how relaxing a couple of beers are as she loved the ride home.

I’m over 6’2” with 33” legs. Yes the V7s are cramped, for me anyway. The seat is low and the pegs are underneath you so it was quite a knee bend. I don’t recall anything about the bars so it was probably about right. I’m sure some mods can be done to seat and or pegs to ease the leg room. Eg my V85 has the high seat and SWMotech pegs on their low position. I’m almost standing on it. Super comfy though.

I took the wife out on pillion of the 850. Very short seat. She wanted to go back home after about 1/2mile. I pretended the intercom wasn’t on and took her to the Stork at Conder Green. Not happy when we got there. Funny how relaxing a couple of beers are as she loved the ride home.

I'm a tad shorter than you in the leg department so it my be ok.:thumb2

Good distraction tactics re your wife.:D

Back
Top Bottom