Splitting routes into days?

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK so I plan a route 1400 miles 1 way.

Is there an easy way to split the route into 5 hour days?
Or miles... either way could work

I was hoping to put a start in, destination split :)
I tried Google too

It would make looking for hotels easier.

Remember the time it would calculate it by would all be at the posted speed limits for those roads. I'd split it by distance instead as to what you think is doable in that time frame.

At the point you find the mileage you can add in a waypoint as a breakstop/overnight stop.

You can do it manually.

Copy the long route.

Insert a point x distance from the start. It will show you the distance and time between the start point and that spot. If you like it, delete all points that come after. If you don’t like it, move the point until you are happy. Bingo, one day’s march done.

Repeat for all and any subsequent days’ marches.

I will try that.

my trip is to Italy through Switzerland, i will plan it in 2 windows.
first window the full trip
second window stopping off at different places until i do say 300 miles per day.... depending on anything i see that's worth stopping for.
i can use the full route as a guide then :thumb

With a bit of luck MRA will have a black Friday deal soon and ill get the lifetime offer.
trouble is i stopped using it as it give me problems with my Nav6.... over time I've come to realise it was issues with the Garmin setup more than anything else.

Splitting rates into days?

I don’t think you need two screens, unless you really want to.

You can do it all on one screen. Here is an example using my iPad.

A. Create a new route.

119d42cdba524625c12566283b8f0372.png

B. Give it a name.

10c2cb66b29c3227333875fe4bde6191.png

C. Tap here

5f325fa70bcab4f4f72efb8f9c5c891c.png

D. Select

0d61cd52a084e8d69f02ada2263a184b.png

E. Tap on

26ce0df5426619ce927327f93b8157c5.png

F. Chose the route you want to copy over to your new route and use as an outline

24db2534ef40c4b2b16e7088d9c68854.png

G. It will appear

4a7f8ea13b2710a537f7ee7b2df59f99.png

H. If you want to, you can change its colour from the default yellow. I do sometimes, just to make it stand out better

766f5a3d25921d5b28aea988ae8d9c3b.png

I. The yellow is now blue

034b44aa3b533f7a2c1667137bd75b7e.png

J. You can add more and more copies in. Here I have added running a bike in in France to the running a a bike in in the UK. I could then join the two up, if I wanted to.

b6ccb0cef43cdb31a9afcc121d1c1cd8.png

Now create your new ‘Broken up into days’ route over the top of the outlined routes.

MyRoute really is very powerful. I am still discovering things it can do, often with help from their vey good forum. You can do even more things in the Gold version, which (as a regular user) I think is a worthwhile investment. I have gone from being a big fan of BaseCamp / MapSource (and not too bad at using both) to now hardly ever touching my Mac and never using any Garmin software, my iPad or even my phone being powerful enough to run MyRoute.

That being said, if I am doing a lot of work, I will fire my big (dual screen) Mac up and maybe have my large iPad running too (three screens in all) and use each for different tasks. I know nothing about IT, in my world it either works or it doesn’t. But I have got used to multiple screens, thanks (as much as anything else) to the office.

How are yiu getting on, Barnoe?

Sorry Wapping, only just seen this reply.

Looks easy enough and can have different colours for each day too
I have made myself a lifetime gold member and Navigation lifetime too.
Looking forward to planning some rides out with it, like you say though its quite a powerful tool that will take some time to understand even 70% of

Loving the new segments option, when between certain parts of your route you can choose curvy and other parts fast roads to cover distance

Back
Top Bottom