14th year!

Yes, Saumur is a great place to stop with numerous hotels. We stayed there last month on way up.

Re B&Bs, unfortunately Covid/ lockdown has killed a few off. I'll ask my friends what's available and post on here.

Thx for the route options/info above. I'll factor this into planning my first big adventure.

what a great offer to forum members, would love to do this if that is ok with you Sid. I may have a couple of questions would it be ok to PM you.

I'm going to say yes please to this ...

just need the planets to align now so i can get my bike back lol

Thanks Sid, see you both in August now that virtually back to full fitness after the bypass surgery. Colin

I will put this in my diary are all bikes welcome or is it just bmw

All bikes welcome even several Harleys. Indeed, not just bikes, come in any vehicle you like. Cars, motorhomes etc, planes whatever. I have friends flying down to local airport in Bergerac which is under an hour away. I usually collect them.

There are some awesome empty roads around here and some very easy off road trails.

The important things are to just enjoy the location, the food and drink and just CHILL OUT.

Regarding questions, please ask on this thread as its easier to answer a question once to update everyone.
Cheers.

Thanks Sid, will look at trying to get there this year, I've not been to your place in France, but have fond memories of your Devon weekends. No airhead, but a Himalayan is in the same spirit :D

Bollox...year after year something has cropped up that has prevented me from attending this. Cracked it in 2023 as we've moved to France and it's now an easy 200 mile ride.....wrong, daughters wedding in UK in last September, nieces wedding...12th August ! FFS

I am new to this forum and well impressed with the generosity, thank you. I apologize in advance if I missed the relevant info, do you need early bookings and how far in advance please? This could be a fantastic trip to start putting names to faces ......

There's a B&B just up the road from me run by a jovial Englishman we know as Jag John. Lovely chap, I post up his details.

Let me know his details, please, and I'll book in there.

Many thanks.

I would like Jag Johns details to Sid please.
Is it a walk or drive to your home please
Janet aint doin tents !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ever !! again
I really enjoy Ann An Sids company humour and easy going lifestyle.
A bit jealous toooo

I would like Jag Johns details to Sid please.
Is it a walk or drive to your home please

My wife Ann says it is a walk if you are young and fit but otherwise it's a drive if you are old!

I can drive people there and back, about 2k. John might drive you round in his Jag.

I am new to this forum and well impressed with the generosity, thank you. I apologize in advance if I missed the relevant info, do you need early bookings and how far in advance please? This could be a fantastic trip to start putting names to faces ......

No need for early bookings but nice to know rough numbers within last week of event. One of our French biker friends runs an artisan butchers so we like to buy the meat from him. We also get good wine from local producers.

No need for early bookings but nice to know rough numbers within last week of event. One of our French biker friends runs an artisan butchers so we like to buy the meat from him. We also get good wine from local producers.

grazie mille !

Yes, many thanks.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

Yes, many thanks.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

This all sounds amazing but it's just a couple of weeks too late for me unfortunately .

Have a good one :beerjug:

Hi Sid, really looking forward to your bash this summer. Is there anything you’d like brought over that perhaps you can’t get in France? Let me know eh?
Cheers,
Phil

Back
Top Bottom