Denali garage door opener...

simonsGSA

Reaction score
On my 1200 I had a garage door opener wired to the high beam. Flash headlights door opens... magic! On my 20 GSA it seems much harder to get to the wiring to do this but I do have a Denali cansmart that is used just for the additional lights. I connected a multimeter to one of the unused outlets and tried to enable it using the Denali app but I dont see any voltage. Am I missing something?

I have a cansmart ver2 and you can log onto the app and setup any circuit for anything with any amp. I have an aux circuit setup to run my innov cam although it took a bit of fiddling wiring wise as I needed a switched live cct and it would work for a bit then stop. Had to reboot a couple of times.

So do I just use for example the black and blue wires from the blue circuit?

when i first read the title i thought denail were making laser speed camera jammers

that used to be the excuse for having one - "its a garage door opener officer"

So do I just use for example the black and blue wires from the blue circuit?

It doesn't matter which circuit you use (if you have a gen 2 cansmart) gen 1 doesn't allow you to setup different circuits to whatever you want. If you setup a circuit as an aux circuit, there will be 3 wires, pos, neg and a switched live, which you can setup to switch off x seconds after canbus switch off, so if using a innovv camera it allows the drive to close down. So you just need to work out which is the pos and which is the neg and which is the switched live. Ignore the switched live and us the pos and neg, which will have power as long as the ignition is on and the canbus is active. Which colour I can't remember, but put a meter across the pins and to earth and see which are live and then which goes off after a time, which would be the switched live.

Your not going to need any power to do this, unless your going to use the cansmart to pull a relay. Your door remote will simply want you to close a contact across the micro switch under your button.
Just be aware tho, if this is a function you can use/press/activate while your riding, and that effectively presses the button on your remote, if the remote is rolling code, the remote can get out of sync with your door operator or control.

Stu

Figured it out... I wasn't making a good connection with my DVM. Ordered a connector with tails from Denali UK. Set the unused circuit to be lights #2 with low beam at 0% and high at 100%. Flash head lights and 12v appears on the wires. Connect these to the 12v in place of the remote battery and bridge the button on the remote circuit board. Flash lights and door now opens or closes.

My remote is rolling code and I have been doing a similar thing with my old 1200 for 6 years, simply wired across the high beam, never had an issue with it going out of synch.

Back
Top Bottom