Saturday breakfast 10th December

Tbolt

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
New venue on the recommendation of Martin (F8GS):

The Boathouse at Shardlow Marina. https://theboathouseshardlow.com/find-us

Located on the B1050 which runs between J1 of the A50 and the A6. Turn off beside the Navigation Inn.

What3Words are: ///nosedive.nozzle.supporter

Use Postcode DE72 2HJ for SatNav

Hope to see you there. :thumby:

Attachments

• 6FA2066E-223C-4031-958C-4BE5D033F7A3.jpeg
    6FA2066E-223C-4031-958C-4BE5D033F7A3.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 284
Looks to be a nice venue and ride there but unfortunately we will not be able to make this one as it coincides with existing arrangements.

I've not been here before, which is surprising as I've done most 'boaty' places in the area. I didn't know about this one.

Perhaps Mikeyboy will arrive on his yacht!

Breakfast was well priced and tasty. Loads of parking. Turn right before the Navigation Pub if coming into Shardlow over the river Trent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your bike will barely be off choke by the time you get there Martin. :)

They also have a classic car meet on the third Saturday in the month.

mYR3Me.jpg

Be good to see you there Martin. Pop down and join us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to make this one! I shall come the windy way, along Long lane from Marston Montgomery to Longford, then nip through to Micleover and across to Willington... lots of wriggly roads!

Bugger. Anna has just reminded me we shall be in Plymouth for the family meal. Ooops.

I’ll see what the wife has planned but it’s just under 2hrs from our house so if it’s not hammering it down with rain and merely a bit cold I might ride down for a cooked breakfast and a catch up. It would also give me a nice ride home through the Peak District and an opportunity to pop over to Chesterfield and buy my mum a fish and chip Lunch :D

20 minutes down the road for me so would be rude not to :)

A good breakfast - Tbolt thanks for organising :beerjug:

A whole 3 bikes braved the sub-zero conditions although I did spot a late arrival as I left :thumb

Certainly was a cool ride, but a good breakfast in a nice venue - thank you Gerry for organising. :beerjug:

Well done to Glynn, Paul and Phil plus the late arrival for biking in the cold weather.
Ice surrounding our village at 7am caused me to have a change of heart.
Hopefully next time.

Thanks Gerry,
Good breakfast and nice friendly cafe, would be nice to re- visit in the summer, :)

From the Grantham late arrival-not a morning lay in but A52 accident neither caused by nor involving us! -Good venue and enjoyable food. Thanks for organising Gerry.

13 arrived for breakfast.

Respect to all who came on bikes, especially to Phil (V85TT) and Steve (R100GS) who came from Northampton and Grantham respectively with their wives on pillion. :bow :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom