Strata Florida

This is the bit you see in the video

Just to be clear: the circled part is just the start (we did north to south). I wanted to highlight the abbey area on the map.
You can see my track going all the way down. The video essentially is till about Moel Prysgau I think. After that I went up and down the forestry roads.

You can see the waypoint were Steve's bike broke down (muddy bit).

Please congratulate your friend on a most excellent exit from his bike into the water!

The precision required to land just in front of the bloke stood filming should not be underestimated and is most admirable :beerjug: :D

Doable on 50/50 tyres if you are reasonably skilled (not anakee adventures) and with friends. Might get a bit wet. I enjoyed a rest in one of the puddles, but made it through on a middlweight ADV bike (about 220kgs).

Another YT in trouble , this time a crf stuck in mud 09:00 mins
Imagine a GSA there and not even winter .

https://youtu.be/Vtk5mMxRfHE

These videos are hilarious and horrendous in equal measure! Seems like a very hard and uncomfortable way to spend the day!! Not for me to be sure, but kudos to those that enjoy this sort of thing ...

I did the entire Strata Florida in my buggy a couple of weeks ago.

Firstly - DO NOT attempt it on your own. There is plenty of opportunity to feck your bike (and/or yourself) and it would be a LONG walk out!

Secondly, the river crossings are likely to be even higher now than they were in October. I think a GS would struggle.

It is GS-able, but have your first attempt in the summer.

Another YT in trouble , this time a crf stuck in mud 09:00 mins
Imagine a GSA there and not even winter .

https://youtu.be/Vtk5mMxRfHE

At 05:10mins the trail goes to the left - there is far more grip where there is running water than through the shite to the right.

At 09.00mins - if you can't get through that puddle, you'll never do the later river crossings!

Its the name of the Abbey at one end in Pontrhydfendigaid! Its an ancient route used by the monks many many years ago. As many have said stay well away on a bike until at least March/April next year.

This is a bit more recent. You can spot a forum regular and the TET linesman in the video.

I really want to go back and do it (plus the rest of the routes) on the DRZ.

Back
Top Bottom