Best time to buy new ?

markymark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new bike for next year ;)

Am I likely to get a better deal just before Christmas or leave it until the end of January ?

Any hints or tips greatly appreciated :thumb:thumb:thumb

BMW ? there sales quarter ends ,end of Dec . So all the sales guys will want to boost their target figures. it will also depend what model you want , if its there in stock they will want rid, if its a waiting order there might not be as much "give " in the deal. Id go along now ,make an enquiry get the ball rolling , get a "base " figure from them ,then walk away. see what he does about calling you back towards mid dec with a new lower quote

I bought my last "brand new one" quite some years back, viewed it initially in January and went back in February nobody else in the shop on both visits and not much ordering going on.

It was and end of model special classic edition R850R and because it was end of model they wanted rid of it and the other 2 in different colours they had. As it was the end of model they had also bolted on quite a list of extras they would have on the shelf chrome rockers, heated grips, luggage grid, power socket etc.

Actually went in for an F650 Dakar but was prepared to change tack and got a real bargain. When I worked it out I had got the bike for the price of the base model but with all of the extras.

Take your time, shop around and be flexible!

December

December, great time to buy. :thumb2 as said they are looking for sales. Plus beat the year on year price increase. :nenau

Back
Top Bottom