Schuberth E1 helmet?

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one? used one?

I fancy a new helmet, looked at replacing my Scorpion ADX1 but its the Adx2 now, and i dont like it

(Too heavy, and they've moved the visor button, so they can push you down the "use our own" comms system route)

Saw and tried a Schuberth E1, I like the style, and it appears to fit well ,

& i can relocate my Senna just behind there visor lever (grr)

but new helmets are always a leap of faith some what

So as the title , anyone got one or used one ??

feddback , good / bad ??

I have just ought one and like, as far as I am concerned it has all I need, peak, flip front, sun visor and pin lick, I paid around £230 from Motolegends in Matt black, for the money its great and will be spot on for my holidays and winter riding.

It’s hard to compare with my other lids, as I have an old multitec and a shoei x-zero (great vent and is a lot lighter and to be fare I prefer it’s shape on my head but it’s like having needles pressed in your face if it’s raining and it does that a lot in Yorkie)

so far done a few hundred miles with the E1 and happy

It is a c3pro with a different visor to allow the peak to be fitted and a different profile chin bar, any comments regarding wearability etc are basically the same as the C3pro,
If you get bored with it having the peak on take it off , fit the c3 visor ( it hasn't got the hole in the centre area of the pivot) and you have a conventional flip front albeit with the better chin bar vents
Keep an eye out for deals as the E1 is being replaced with the new E2 model based on the C5

I have one. Had it for years. its my go to helmet as I have several including an Arai Tourx4 which gets bypassed for the E1. My wife went from a full faced helmet to an E1 too and loves it. The quietest, comfiest helmet in my opinion. I'm even thinking of purchasing the new E2. Go on........ Treat yourself:beerjug:

I have one. Had it for years. its my go to helmet as I have several including an Arai Tourx4 which gets bypassed for the E1. My wife went from a full faced helmet to an E1 too and loves it. The quietest, comfiest helmet in my opinion. I'm even thinking of purchasing the new E2. Go on........ Treat yourself:beerjug:

I did :)

Helmet city have it reduced from £529 > £299,

Add in a £100 gift voucher i was given earlier in the year £199

:)

IMHO E1 performance depends on what you compare it to.

Compared to Tour X4, E1 is crap on every measure bar one - it’s a flip up. Oh - and it has a drop-down visor, so maybe that’s two ;-)

Compared to C3 Pro, the “improved” chin bar ventilation on E1 is imperceptible, unless you have an electronic draught detector.

Compared to C3 Pro, the benefit of the E1 peak is limited to how cool you look in Woolworths window as you ride past. And on many bikes, with many screens the peak will be a major noise and wind disadvantage.

I wore E1 from London to Beijing. I removed peak for long highway stretches.

I wore C3 Pro from Nairobi to Cape Town.

I will be wearing C3 Pro from Colombia to Patagonia…

Depends on head shape - I tried one - huge headaches so not for me - Tour X3 fitted me nice, a Shoei GT Air fits me like a glove. I have a long oval head I think and the E1 was far more round hence caused me issues.

I've had an E1 for about 5 years now and if it fits your head then I'd recommend them. I am needing to renew it soon though and will be looking for another unless the E2 tempts me

Back
Top Bottom