Bung covering the top dead centre hole

Adventurefankk

Reaction score
Sorry for my stupidity lads I was doing a valve adjustment on my 1150 gsa and removed the little rubber bung / cover on the side of the bike to check the top dead centre and when trying to get the bugger back in I went and pushed it straight through the hole and it disappeared is there anything to worry about and does anyone know where I’d get a replacement? Apologies for not knowing the correct terminology and thanks for any advice in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's what gaffa tape was invented for, don't worry about it you're certainly not the first!

When you eventually pop the gearbox off you’ll probably find a couple in there.

A trick I was shown years ago was to stick a zip tie through it to make a wee handle - here’s the one I did on the Cali rebuild

ef1f04aa73d3a35de27d1d9966917203.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Or don’t bother using it, poke something down the plug hole to find tbc and you will know you’re at tic on the compression stroke if there is a bit of play on all the valves/all the springs are topped out. My own weapon of choice is an old chop stick :)

Or don’t bother using it, poke something down the plug hole to find tbc and you will know you’re at tic on the compression stroke if there is a bit of play on all the valves/all the springs are topped out. My own weapon of choice is an old chop stick :)

This.

The plugs will bt out anyway if you're attempting to read the tdc mark on the flywheel, so this method is much easier. IIRC I tend to use a long allen key. (mainly because it's 'to hand')

Yeah, minor. My 1150GS has not had bungs there for more time /km than it has.
My 1100S has at least two bungs in there!

That guzzi motor is a thing of beauty. I wish I’d never sold my V11

Attachments

• AA1BBA1B-8337-4E8E-9ED7-465F41491F28.jpg
    AA1BBA1B-8337-4E8E-9ED7-465F41491F28.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 156

Back
Top Bottom