Do I have to?

Eddie Deguello

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Oh, okay, go on then … 🙄

Some of you may recognise me from other places: ukrm, Elefantadventurebikes, Ixion … you know, the usual gangs of idiots.

I'd been toying with the idea of trading in my Super Duke GT against an R1250GS, for "reasons", then fate made the decision for me: the GT got nicked. But I got more from the insurance company than I'd have got as a trade-in, and I didn't have the hassle of tidying it up or (look of fear) cleaning it, so it could be worse.

So, long story short: I've got a 2021 R1250GS Adventure TE being delivered today. Comes with the panniers and top box, which is nice. Looks like a tart's handbag, with extra colour-matched paint protection stickers on the tank and fancy colour-matched seat. No idea when I'll get time to ride it, and it's quite likely that the most extreme terrain it'll ever see is Kielder Forest Drive. Still, the centre stand means it's easy to sit on it in the garage and make vroom-vroom noises, so worth every penny.

Attachments

• IMG_7113.jpg
    IMG_7113.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_7114.jpg
    IMG_7114.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 201
Nice looking bike, good luck with it. I like the gold wheels, they look purposeful rather than blingy ( a part of my brain always throws up Subaru WRX when I see gold wheels :)

Welcome
I am sure you will get plenty from this site.
And thats a nice garage you have there.........

Welcome
I am sure you will get plenty from this site.
And thats a nice garage you have there.........

I wish! I'm not posting pictures of my garage, people might be able to figure out where it is. After having one bike nicked (the first in 27 years), I've gone all paranoid.

<<< I like the gold wheels, they look purposeful rather than blingy ( a part of my brain always throws up Subaru WRX when I see gold wheels :)>>

This comes to mind for me.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 70
Welcome Eddie, nice looking bike. Right idea with the ACF50, i'm a big believer in the stuff having used it for a decade or more.

Back
Top Bottom