V100 in stock.

Added the heated grips , quickshiter, centre stand and engine bars.

It did look nicer in red than white but I’d still get the S.
I’d love one but no room in garage and can’t sell anything , unless wifey uses my ADV 350 instead of her Sh125. But then I wouldn’t have use of it when she’s at work .
Oh well …..

It did look nicer in red than white but I’d still get the S.
I’d love one but no room in garage and can’t sell anything , unless wifey uses my ADV 350 instead of her Sh125. But then I wouldn’t have use of it when she’s at work .
Oh well …..
Small rickety shed for her SH125 Arsey, new bike in the garage

V100

Had a quick spin today.

Thought the engine was great, as was the riding position. Knees high up on the pegs but not uncomfortable.

Felt small compared to the TT, but feels much more modern.

Having had a R1200RS before, it definitely felt similar.

When that engine arrive in a TT it will be ace.

Overall it will be a sell out I reckon.

Attachments

• 225C0860-88AD-4F56-ACBC-D91FC730D543.jpg
    225C0860-88AD-4F56-ACBC-D91FC730D543.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 188
Be interesting to see how long it is before they use this engine and drive train in a large capacity Adventure bike to take on the BMW, KTM, Ducati ,Triumph offerings

Be interesting to see how long it is before they use this engine and drive train in a large capacity Adventure bike to take on the BMW, KTM, Ducati ,Triumph offerings

More or less announced at EICMA they will be building a Stelvio based on this engine.

Saw the red base model today. Immediately changed my order. Pick it up Tuesday. Added a few extras of course. Who needs Ohlins semi active suspension,:blast. I may live to regret not getting the S. But it looks gorgeous in red.

Good choice, best colour I reckon. First dibs when you chop it in for an S ...:D

Saw a red and a white one at Motorcycle World in Northampton last week. Great looking bikes but I thought the white looks too 90s IMHO.

Both were on pallets, just been delivered, so I couldn’t try them for size.

Sadly I did discover that a V85TT is too small - my long legs mean my knees rest on the cylinder heads!

Took Dearden's demo out on Tuesday, came back grinning, even taking into account the mainly straight roads around there and general nippiness. Engine and fueling is punchy and peachy, pulls well, I was travelling consistently faster than I thought I was. Clunky into first. I rode with the screen up - there is a little difference from when it's down - and wind protection was good. Nice clean airstream with little pressure on arms and chest. Annoyingly the wings failed to deploy at any speed (in Road mode) so I couldn't tell what difference they might have made. Very firm seat and one is canted slightly forward.

Would I have one? Certainly, definately as a second bike if I could afford that set up. My main misgiving is range, with a 17 litre tank and an ave mpg of high 40s I'd be having to refill more than I'd want to. I'm going to wait for the new Stelvio, with a larger tank capacity married to this new engine I reckon it'll be more suitable.

Back
Top Bottom