R1100GS. Givi Monokey topbox fixing with OEM Pannier rails?

B4bertie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Evening All,

I'm looking at getting a Givi Monokey top rack adapter for my 1100GS and I wondered if anyone knows if you can retain the OEM panner rails with it fitted as it uses the two rear pannier fixing points for the rack support bracket? Looks like it might be ok as the bracket is only a few mm thick but thought I'd ask before I take the plunge.

Last edited:
On my old 1150 (same ar*e end ) I ran standard panniers and rails and the Givi rack and Givi Maxia 52 top box with no issues

I think mines a monokey but doesn't use the pannier rail at all?:nenau

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-22-22-16-14-093.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-22-22-16-14-093.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 102
If you look at the pics I posted earlier today , it shows the gack end of my old 1150 with the support rails in place and the universal rack , ran it for 9 years with that set up and a usually heavily overloaded top box with no issues of the aluminium rack cracking or being stressed

I use a Monokey topbox on my R1100GS. I think you need the E183 universal plate and it fits straight onto the rear rack frame. This doesn't affect the panniers at all. ��

The original Givi mounting kit includes two support brackets to reinforce the std rack from beneath. They use the same fixing points that the Oe Pannier mount uses, but I’m sure they just sit sandwiched between the rack and frame. However, Ive just had a universal monokey plate bolted to the rack for over ten years with no issues, done two previous 1150s the same way too.

Thanks again for the replies. Looking at the Givi website diagrams it does appear that the supporting brackets would fit under the oem pannier mounts :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom