Online shop for genuine BMW parts

Mad Hatter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an online source for genuine BMW motorcycle parts in the uk? I have used online-parts.co.uk a couple of times, which appears to be a front for Ryebrook BMW, but the last couple of times I’ve tried using them they’ve refunded my order saying the parts aren’t available, which I know to be incorrect.

Just to be clear I’m looking for a source for OEM parts not pattern parts.

Can anyone offer any suggestions other than phoning the local BMW dealer and talking to their parts desk

Can anyone offer any suggestions other than phoning the local BMW dealer and talking to their parts desk

IF you want OEM and to be sure that they are OEM ?

Go talk to a Dealer You can't really have it all ways

OEM 1150 Rear Crank Seals were as cheap from Dealer as aftermarket seller and didn;t have that stupid felt outer so you can actually see your install is good or Not !

It goes almost without saying Motorworks, Motobins, James Sherlock are all on line. Dealers can fill in the gaps by telephone ordering (helps if you have a part number). You can also put an advert in the Wanted section on UKGSer. Someone might have the parts you need. Sorry if this is stating the obvious; just trying to help.

It goes almost without saying Motorworks, Motobins, James Sherlock are all on line. Dealers can fill in the gaps by telephone ordering (helps if you have a part number). You can also put an advert in the Wanted section on UKGSer. Someone might have the parts you need. Sorry if this is stating the obvious; just trying to help.

What he said. Motorbins are my particular favourite as you can phone them up for advice etc., and if you make a purchasing faux pas, they'll phone you up and ask you if you're a twat or not (only they put it nicely). e.g. ordering 8 pushrod tubes and only 4 pushrod tube seals :blast

When I was having difficulty putting the Hepco and Becker rack and pannier rails on my g/s, I took it over there (an hour away from me) and they got a new one out and installed it for me.

I always check on price between Motobins and Motorworks as the prices can be different for the exact same part.

When I had BMWs Motorworks was my favourite. I can’t imagine them supplying non genuine parts if you asked for genuine. They are very helpful on the phone. JJH

Do you have a BMW car dealership local to you?

It’s getting to a dealer near me that’s the problem, hence looking for an online dealer website. Motorworks, motorbins, nippy Norman’s etc tend to do mostly pattern parts, which is fine for a lot of things, but sometimes only genuine OEM will do

I use Max BMW ( https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/fiche.aspx ) for looking up the part numbers and then ask a friend at a BMW car dealer for price and availability. Car dealers can order motorcycle partsbut most don't mention it as the parts staff don't know what they're looking at / for, hence I get the numbers for them. That said, they told me float bowls were not available from BMW a few weeks ago for my R100 so I ordered one from Motorworks which turned up in a sealed BMW parts bag with the correct part number on it.

Thanks Joe, that gives me a better option. 35 miles away from nearest bmw car dealer versus 55 for nearest bike dealer

Back
Top Bottom