Mac OS Ventura

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
'Upgraded' ha ha .... that's a larf, upgraded to the new Mac OS Ventura operating system, on my 27" iMac desktop a few days ago!

What a load of shite :blast

Goes slow, takes time to load up, even if it does, freezes up! In over twenty-five years of running Mac's I have never seen the spinning beachball of doom as much.
In fact until moving to the Ventura I hardly ever saw it!

Check of updates ..... Ventura 13.01 is up to date.

Any clues anyone?

How can I/do I revert to the previous Monterey OS please?

The MacBook Pro works fine on Monterey, as quick as ever and not a problem :thumb

Many thanks in anticipation folks ....

:beerjug:

My MacBook has been encouraging me to upgrade to a new os for several months now.
I’m sticking with Big Sur…if it ain’t broke and all that

Try rebooting a couple of times. Has worked for me previously but I have an older Mac and Big Sur is not an option.

Thanks guys .... rebooting on regular occasions through necessity.

Yes, backed up by Time Machine :thumb2

Can't remember what my previous OS was, maybe Big Sur?

Edit .... even Time Machine has all altered and confusing me, not difficult mind :blast

How old is your iMac Micky, and how much RAM does it have?

It may be worth taking a couple of good backups to TimeMachine and then wiping your computer and re-installing from TimeMachine. If you get really stuck/fed up, talk to Jon Bradbury at Bramley Computers in Chesterfield. (bramley-computers.co.uk)

He's my goto chap for all things Apple. He's installed new memory and hard drives, new screen and done all sorts for me in the past.

Any clues anyone?

How can I/do I revert to the previous Monterey OS please?

Ventura is a pile of shite. There is a few thousands of people complaining online.
It crippled my main computer because of USB issues and piss-poor eGPU support.
I stupidly updated on day two (out of boredom).

If you have a Time Machine backup (or any other type of backup) see if you can use that to revert to Monterey. Otherwise the process is a bit fiddly or a lot of manual work involved depending on how many apps/documents and custom settings you have.

How old is your iMac Micky, and how much RAM does it have?

It may be worth taking a couple of good backups to TimeMachine and then wiping your computer and re-installing from TimeMachine. If you get really stuck/fed up, talk to Jon Bradbury at Bramley Computers in Chesterfield. (bramley-computers.co.uk)

He's my goto chap for all things Apple. He's installed new memory and hard drives, new screen and done all sorts for me in the past.

Thanks Tufty .... 2019 Retina 27" desktop.
3.7 GHz 6 Core Intel Core i5
Memory 16GB 2667 MHz Der 4

Whatever all that means :blast

Ventura is a pile of shite. There is a few thousands of people complaining online.
It crippled my main computer because of USB issues and piss-poor eGPU support.
I stupidly updated on day two (out of boredom).

If you have a Time Machine backup (or any other type of backup) see if you can use that to revert to Monterey. Otherwise the process is a bit fiddly or a lot of manual work involved depending on how many apps/documents and custom settings you have.

When it gets fiddly I go to pieces. Gimme a spanner and a broken gearbox in the Altai Mountains any time :D

I would imagine Apple will do a full rewrite/update in due course?

I'll not hold my breath .... while I use the MacBook Pro :D

I would imagine Apple will do a full rewrite/update in due course?

There is a little update (.1) for Ventura but doesn't solve most things.
I didn't experience slowness to be honest (just a lot of random kernel panics). But I've read online that a lot of people are complaining about that.

Good luck!

I updated my ancient iMac (2014) to Ventura, also my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro & a Mini iPad I use for the drone and no issues with either of them. I think it will be user error with Micky. :green gri

I updated my ancient iMac (2014) to Ventura, also my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro & a Mini iPad I use for the drone and no issues with either of them. I think it will be user error with Micky. :green gri

apple say 2017 on for iMacs and Ventura. My 2015 iMac's Software Update doesn't acknowledge Ventura's existence.

My 2017 27" model seems ok (so far).

AND, the time/date bits at the top right-hand corner of the screen remain there all the time now (as they should do but haven't done for the last year or so)

My MacBook Air (2018) is upgraded to this, and so far appears to be fine. No issues yet....

Back
Top Bottom