I’m upping the insurance!

oldnfat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just seen a g/s PD for sale on car and classics in the good old US of A for £42,500 ….surely not😱

Do I need to up the insurance?

Siilly money?

There's also a pricey (non PD) g/s on there. The dealer lists it as 'Touareg' blue and states it is an "Immaculate restoration by famed restoration expert Gary Burton of BaMW". Asking price is a mere £25,500. Does that mean that a PD tank/seat is worth £17 grand??

US asking prices like these partially driven by the strong dollar but that doesn't explain the sky high levels that some are reaching. I wonder if anybody's actually buying?

Those prices are what you see in a nation awash with affluence, as opposed to our nation which is currently more awash with flatulence…..

There's also a pricey (non PD) g/s on there. The dealer lists it as 'Touareg' blue and states it is an "Immaculate restoration by famed restoration expert Gary Burton of BaMW". Asking price is a mere £25,500. Does that mean that a PD tank/seat is worth £17 grand??

US asking prices like these partially driven by the strong dollar but that doesn't explain the sky high levels that some are reaching. I wonder if anybody's actually buying?

Most things in the US are a lot more than in Europe. Especially on the Automotive side, there can be huge differences in pricing between identical vehicles.

The 1995 R100GS PD that was still in the factory crate was a bargain at $47,250 on Bring a Trailer

220527MOTOBORGOTARO_BMW_GS_PARISDAKAR_glenallsop_051-1-scaled.jpg

It is a 999 rebuilt in 2016 in great condition with an agreed valuation of £13k….which I still think is bonkers but hey ho!

These prices are absolutely mad and completely unrealistic in the UK. About 18 months ago I was trying to sell 3 quality airheads ( 2 x r90s and a 80g/s pd ). All were priced realistically and in great condition. The g/s sold relatively quickly , but the 2 lovely 90s bikes took several months. In my opinion as soon as classic bikes are priced at or above 10k then they can be difficult to sell. It is worth noting that there has been a 100gs pd for sale for sometime.

Attachments

• 20210312_110901.jpg
    20210312_110901.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 20210318_152743.jpg
    20210318_152743.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 20210318_153006.jpg
    20210318_153006.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 191
These prices are absolutely mad and completely unrealistic in the UK. About 18 months ago I was trying to sell 3 quality airheads ( 2 x r90s and a 80g/s pd ). All were priced realistically and in great condition. The g/s sold relatively quickly , but the 2 lovely 90s bikes took several months. In my opinion as soon as classic bikes are priced at or above 10k then they can be difficult to sell. It is worth noting that there has been a 100gs pd for sale for sometime.

Hi Byron nice to hear from you again.
Think your right about the 10K , the state that this country is in and all the pessimism around.
Although there seems to be some people around where money is no object. My nephew just bought a classic Porscha ,£125 K and he has absolutly no intention of driving it , just tucked it up in storage ??
Please don't think im being cheeky but your not looking for a R90S are you ? I never seem to use mine and with 5 bikes could do with some more room, im not desperate , could just keep it safe for the next few years untill the recession is over.

Best Regards Steve

Back
Top Bottom