Is this the end of touring?

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Reading through the small print of the Bennetts policy.

Compulsory Garaging RequirementSection 1 of the policy booklet will not cover you for theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle unless, between 10.00 pm and06.00am it is kept in a locked building or garage whilst at your place of residence or at another address which has been specificallyagreed with us

Does mean I have to get their agreement in writing before I tour next year? will they charge me each time to ammend the policy?

Compulsory Garaging Requirement
Section 1 of the policy booklet will not cover you for theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle unless, between 10.00 pm and 06.00am it is kept in a locked building or garage whilst at your place of residence or at another address which has been specifically agreed with us

Does mean I have to get their agreement in writing before I tour next year?

Will they charge me each time to amend the policy?

No don't be silly

It means only when at home, your residence

Not when you're in the French Alps:blast

Next......!!!!!

Compulsory Garaging RequirementSection 1 of the policy booklet will not cover you for theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle unless, between 10.00 pm and06.00am it is kept in a locked building or garage whilst at your place of residence or at another address which has been specificallyagreed with us

Does mean I have to get their agreement in writing before I tour next year? will they charge me each time to ammend the policy?

I'm not sure how you've misinterpreted the words?

I see it as "or at another address which has been specifically agreed with us"

:blast
Is there no limit to the ways people on here can misinterpret a doubtless clearly worded document and find new things to worry about ?

When you are away from home on the bike, it is classed as "In use" and the at home/stored/kept elsewhere/however else you want to muddy it clause doesn't apply.

:blast
Is there no limit to the ways people on here can misinterpret a doubtless clearly worded document and find new things to worry about ?

When you are away from home on the bike, it is classed as "In use" and the at home/stored/kept elsewhere/however else you want to muddy it clause doesn't apply.

Ah sir, we are the unwashed masses and unlike you, didnt have a proper education, I see we should accept our lot and not ever question anything ever that we are told, thank you for putting me right and at the same time slagging me off for being a total twat, and its not even lunchtime.

Trolling is not dead and its folk like you that make me proud to be a part of this lovely and helpful site.

That means if you have previously agreed with them, that you keep your bike garaged between 10pm and 6am at your Mum’s house in the next street (because she has a garage and you don’t) and it is specifically worded and agreed with them, on your policy

I can see the confusion. If insurance companies look at how to avoid a payout then a paragraph like the one above could be used by them to null a claim.

I can see the confusion. If insurance companies look at how to avoid a payout then a paragraph like the one above could be used by them to null a claim.

How clear can it be?

I can see no confusion in the Clause wording at all

If you have answered and confirmed to your motorcycle insurers that your bike will be kept in your locked garage at night and it’s stolen at 3am (noted on a police log of your 999 call & there is CCTV evidence & no damage to the garage door) …..on your back patio (because you can’t be arsed to put it away in the garage) then the insurance will void your claim

If you’re in a hotel in Annecy and your bike is parked on the street, nicked at 2am (all confirmed in the Gendarme’s log) then you are fully covered

Ah sir, we are the unwashed masses and unlike you, didnt have a proper education, I see we should accept our lot and not ever question anything ever that we are told, thank you for putting me right and at the same time slagging me off for being a total twat, and its not even lunchtime.

Trolling is not dead and its folk like you that make me proud to be a part of this lovely and helpful site.

Ignore the thrush.
Since he signed up here a year ago he’s yet to make a single post that doesn’t just troll others.
He’ll get bored soon and move along.

if you say your Bike will be garaged at your house, that's where it needs to be between those hours for your standard policy to be in place. If it is not there and something happens you'll pay a higher excess - it will should not nullify the policy. (this wording is included in my current policy)

Nowhere did I call you even a partial twat, never mind a total one. :D

Pointing out errors or disagreeing with something isn't trolling either.

This could be building up to one for The Flounce thread.

If you was to state on your policy not garaged so you could park anywhere and everywhere then had it nicked from your garage; would they pay out;:D

I agree. If wording could possibly be interpreted in a manner detrimental to the policy holder, should we rely on the good nature of the insurance company to see it our way?

I am sure the insurance will be fine when you're away, but if you ask for confirmation of that, there's no harm done and perhaps some peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom