Airhead rally bike - very nice!

It's clearly had lot of time and cash spent on it at some point with a good sprinkling of top end components name dropped by the dealer. But it looks like the frame isn't braced - an odd omission, especially given the roadbook and IMO set up in the cockpit. Maybe an older conversion?

As a result of my HPN wanted advert in summer, I was offered this bike.........it would be ungentlemanly of me to mention how much for, but I can say it was significantly less than the asking price on ebay.

I'm in the motorcycle trade myself and appreciate that profit is not a dirty word in business, but fuck me guys.....really?

Or rear brake arm reversed so it does not get trapped in ruts.

Odd that it is so thoroughly prepped in some areas yet they missed this most basic adjustment. Makes one wonder whether the builder has ridden airheads off road very much.

I agree on the price being OTT. If it was newly built and pristine I could understand it, but it’s not….

I've no idea about the price but what actually is it, an R80 or an R100, or is it neither and not even a PD G/S. Do they really need all the mods being suggested as missing or are they wish lists for the purists wanting the full rally spec, I for one have never felt the need to change the rear brake lever position on any of my drum braked bikes, it wouldn't matter how hard it got tagged it still wouldn't slow the bike down :)

I do like it but for the money the Africa Twin they also have for sale looks good value.

I've no idea about the price but what actually is it, an R80 or an R100, or is it neither and not even a PD G/S. Do they really need all the mods being suggested as missing or are they wish lists for the purists wanting the full rally spec, I for one have never felt the need to change the rear brake lever position on any of my drum braked bikes, it wouldn't matter how hard it got tagged it still wouldn't slow the bike down :)

I do like it but for the money the Africa Twin they also have for sale looks good value.

I had the HPN bracket and altered arm on my bike. I made another bracket as HPN wasnt good enough.
I have since swapped back to original arm and position etc. as it "looks and seems to work better"

Thought about selling mine ( bad wrist :bow )
Not a rally bike but much higher suspension spec

Attachments

• airhead.jpg
    airhead.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 506

Now thats more like it :) I'd ride that.
I absolutely _love_ the look of the bike on ebay, but its a show bike, and you wouldnt want to get it dirty. I've gotten precious about denting my g/s as paul did such a lovely job on it - there are so many ruts where I ride that it _would_ get stuck

Reminds me of the '70's ISDT bikes, now there is a bike to tempt me back to vintage enduro.

That is an obscene amount. I'd expect a built motor and several other things, plus about 9K off the asking price. I pressed the "watch" button to see what happens!

As a result of my HPN wanted advert in summer, I was offered this bike.........it would be ungentlemanly of me to mention how much for, but I can say it was significantly less than the asking price on ebay.

I'm in the motorcycle trade myself and appreciate that profit is not a dirty word in business, but fuck me guys.....really?

Two prices shown in the ad (one at the end of the description). One is nearly £4k higher!

Odd that it is so thoroughly prepped in some areas yet they missed this most basic adjustment. Makes one wonder whether the builder has ridden airheads off road very much.

It seems to be built for looks with the Rallye stuff added to make it seem like a serious bike but as others have pointed out only 800cc, no frame bracing etc.. I would think the main reason for it not selling is because it’s a standard 800cc - needs a Sibenrock 1000cc kit at the very least

Re the pricing. One can always negotiate downwards, but asking for more from a buyer is very difficult. :D

The real deal…

It kind of annoys me when peeps are passing bikes of as HPNs when they clearly aren’t.

Attachments

• 88592826-6DB1-4942-B5B5-8497C8DE675C.jpg
    88592826-6DB1-4942-B5B5-8497C8DE675C.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 191

Back
Top Bottom