Screen adjuster knob.

simonsGSA

Reaction score
Picked up my new to me GS from the dealers a few weeks ago, adjusted the screen to the lowest position to ride home and the adjuster knob fell off. It looks really fiddly to replace. Has anyone done this, any hints?

What about the Puig electric adjusters, if I am going to have to take it all apart and spend money on it I may as well spend a bit more and have an upgrade. Has anyone fitted these? Any good?

Good deal at M&P for the Puig ERS right now. about £120 off srp. Still expensive but if you're looking anyway....

I did ask about having it fixed under warranty. Apparently its a no... The ERS looks interesting and if I have to pay full price for the BMW part I may as well pay a little more and have an upgrade! Looking for a used part too which may save a few £££.

I did ask about having it fixed under warranty. Apparently its a no... .

Pretty poor that. They have no idea if the previous owner had strained it. I'd be expecting goodwill given its just a few weeks and that, as said. could've been in less than good condition when sold.

I am going to try the dealer I bought it from, after all it is an approved used BMW, thats gotta count for something????

I would. As said, there's no way of knowing what condition it was in when it was sold, could have been operable but worn/frail. An approved bike a few weeks old? Would have expected better from a bmw dealer, if only on a goodwill basis.

If it's just the knob, maybe I could print you a new one and you fix it on?

Some photos would be useful, but those is perhaps an option - depending on how that existing knob is fitted to the metalwork/shaft

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer, thats very kind. The problem is its a plastic knob which is part of a plastic shaft. the shaft has snapped just where it joins the knob. Looks like I might have some movement from the dealer to fix this now anyway!

Maybe a bit late to party on this. My knob came off in my hand a couple of months ago. Oxford Motorrad replaced it under warranty, no quibble. Even though I have a touring Puig screen fitted. Great service. I’ll get a bracket for the screen shortly to see if that helps stabilise the screen though if that might have contributed.

I was going to say exactly what you said, its an approved BMW which is under Approved used warranty surely the dealer should replace under the warranty.

Good to hear that Oxford Motorad sorted yours, I recently dealt with Oxford Motorad when purchasing a bike and have to say what fantastic service they provided.

I think Cymarc do a more substantial knob. If you wanted to upgrade.

I was going to say exactly what you said, its an approved BMW which is under Approved used warranty surely the dealer should replace under the warranty.

Good to hear that Oxford Motorad sorted yours, I recently dealt with Oxford Motorad when purchasing a bike and have to say what fantastic service they provided.

They’ve been absolutely ace since I bought my 2022 GSA from them. So much better than my experiences at Wolverhampton. So much so, I travel from Birmingham to them for my servicing now.

Back
Top Bottom