EOL For Kurviger

Hopefully it’s just the Android based app that’s gone.

Motorrad Strassen magazine, uses Kurviger to display its tours, each having a unique code which opens in Kurviger. It would be shame if that facility is lost. That being said, these things do come and go. Tyre went but morphed into MyRoute, which is soon to become MyRoute NEXT. There was some other thing that bods here raved about too, MotoGoLoco or something like that? Whatever it was, it’s dead. For all its perceived faults, at least Garmin is still around. TomTom, too.

I might wonder how long BMW’s in-house Connected navigation app will last. The truth is, it’s very hard to fight off Google and, to a lesser degree Apple, when it comes to maps and reasonably basic routes. The other truth is that fewer and fewer people want to create their own routes and are perfectly happy to have a device do it for them; we see this on this forum, where you might have expected some considerable degree of independence. Kurviger still creates routes for people, no question about that. But parts of it are quite clever, especially in the Pro version, or whatever it’s called. One day Google (or Apple) will wake up to this demand and launch a product - probably for free - that will blow the minnows out of the water. Maybe they should offer me a job, to tell them what bikermates really want?

I think it might not be dead…. Just changing…..

This, from just 21 days ago:

https://forum.kurviger.de/t/app-roa...r-app-fahrplan-fur-die-neue-kurviger-app/9575

As far as I can see, Kurviger are doing what MyRoute are doing and bringing the web based application (if that’s the right term) and the separate app together.

FAQ

What does this mean for the website?
The website will continue to work, as you are used to.

What happens with existing Kurviger Pro subscriptions and Kurviger 1 (Pro)?
You will be able to use your existing subscription, but it won’t be renewed. Kurviger 1 (Pro) continues to be available only for users who previously bought the app.

What does this mean for the routing?
The routing servers will continue to work as you are used to and will be calculating the curviest and best routes for your rides.

Will there be a shared subscription between app and website?
Yes there will be an option to use the same subscription on the website and app.

Will the new app have the same features as the current Kurviger 2 app?
We will absolutely deliver core features from the start, like:

Routeplanning
Voice guided, turn-by-turn navigation
Cloud Sync
There is a lot of work ahead, so in the beginning we are focusing on the essential features. We’re already hard at work. We will be sharing more information with you over the next weeks. Stay tuned for some developer insights in the “Community” category of this forum coming soon- exciting times lie ahead!

If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know.

Back
Top Bottom