front wheel off

New tryes fitted

Front wheel on
bottle jack removed
back wheel on
stand off

back on the road ;)

make sure you use a torque wrench for all the bolts for wheels and brakes/ABS
also clean and re grease the pin when you remove from front wheel.

..plus remove the ABS sensor before removing the front wheel.

Centre stand, jack under engine.
Good idea to put a piece/ pieces of wood under the engine as well because although the jack probably won’t fail completely it may lower itself if oil seeps past the seals over time. It doesn’t have to go down very far to take the centre stand past the vertical…
I took the wheels off my RT one afternoon, left the trolley jack under the engine, dropped the wheels at the tyre fitters, picked them up on the way home next afternoon. Went back into the garage and the bike was on the tipping point because the 3 ton jack had settled in the 24 hour period. Another hour or two would have seen the bike on the floor I reckon.

Centre stand, jack under engine.
Good idea to put a piece/ pieces of wood under the engine as well because although the jack probably won’t fail completely it may lower itself if oil seeps past the seals over time. It doesn’t have to go down very far to take the centre stand past the vertical…
I took the wheels off my RT one afternoon, left the trolley jack under the engine, dropped the wheels at the tyre fitters, picked them up on the way home next afternoon. Went back into the garage and the bike was on the tipping point because the 3 ton jack had settled in the 24 hour period. Another hour or two would have seen the bike on the floor I reckon.

My jack is mechanical & doesn't creep although you're right to lock any hydraulic system with a physical stop (as per my hydraulic workbench) - good engineering practice to ease the hydraulic pressure when it's not needed.

Back
Top Bottom