Full Exhaust System

doctorfrank

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the full acrapovic exhaust system wether it be stainless or titanium and what are the benefits , is it a lot louder,is performance better,do you have to re-map the fuelling etc
Any info please and tips

In the past I have fitted both SS & Ti headers with Akra can, and yes you do end up louder, personally I stick to standard nowdays. Perhaps it’s an age thing, but prefer less noise.

I've had the full system and loved its sound, especially blatting up rolling hills and around the countryside.
I also I feel it enhanced the performance, my bike seemed to run really well with it - but this is very subjective.
On doing long miles I never found it too noisy or becoming annoying which can really be an issue when touring.
It's not going to turn heads in the pub car park - but I didn't want that.
It's not too aggressive early in the morning or late at night, so your neighbours won't get bothered.
Some people might be looking for more - but for me I thought it was spot on.

i did consider a full system at one point, never did it so cant really be of help,,,but,, the reason i never did it was i tour abroad and with things the way they are nowdays in the likes of germany and switzerland, i decided against,, and it will likely only get worse in the eu,
worth considering if you tour,,,

Full Akrapovič system with stainless headers on my 1200 LC. The ECU has been flashed with ssshhh....Hilltop software. It goes very well and spits flame when I change up.... :D

Attachments

• 46492105_1928780980545986_6542828010494492672_n.jpg
    46492105_1928780980545986_6542828010494492672_n.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 875
Yep, I had to take the headers off it off though. Soooo bloody loud, anti-socially so.Actually felt like a tit at times, especially early mornings etc. I did like the flames though. I think I am getting old.

Like the sound of the hilltop software mods with full exhaust , what about all the sensors and bells n whistles ,was there any trade off and did everything all still work ok with the software on board

Like the sound of the hilltop software mods with full exhaust , what about all the sensors and bells n whistles ,was there any trade off and did everything all still work ok with the software on board

No issues that I can recall other than it was just a wee bit flat after it was first flashed. Advice received was to fill it with premium petrol and thrash it. That worked.

It's a 2013 model so it has the lighter flywheel, spins up quickly and goes like the proverbial.

There are other organisations that can map you ecu.
Google bhpuk they do cars and bikes. In particular the lc 1200gs.
Do your research on hilltop. Some are happy and some less.

Not sure if there’s any point doing anything to the 1250. The fuelling is pretty spot on on the 1250 and it has more than enough power out of the crate.

Best power upgrade is an S1000RR (or XR if, like me, you can’t fold yourself on to a sportsbike).

FYI, I fitted the full Akra system to my 2018 1200GS, Ti cos the headers look SO good!
The exhaust valve cables were removed from the servo unit, and there have been no warnings flashing up on the TFT. Leaving the baffles in the silencer means that it isn’t too noisy.
I was worried about running too lean so I had it reflashed at Hilltop and it runs really well, keeping up with riding buddies’ 1250’s easily enough.
Being subjective, I think I preferred the sound of the Remus on my 2013 GS (light flywheel model) though!

Back
Top Bottom