TPM valve brokeN

Colm Cummins

Reaction score
Hi all,
I managed to break the top off the valve stem on my R1200gs twin cam. Above the red line is gone. Is it a full replacement of the TPM I will need, or is it possible to just replace the valve?

Attachments

• TPM valve.jpg
    TPM valve.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 159
Pre LC bikes it is a case of replacing the whole sender, on later bikes the valve assembly is separate.
On ebay there are Chinese senders which are usually good and all of the ones that I have used have come with the BMW part number.
About £25 a pair on ebay or £19 a pair from china.
It makes life easier if you can buy them with the codes but if not it is possible to retrieve the codes , loads of info on here.

You may need someone local to you with a GS 911 and a wake up tool, The 433 Mhz wake up tools are cheap less than a tenner or £6 ish from china handy to have around.
If both sets of sensors have not been assigned on the ECU you may be able to get away with just waking up the new sensor.
If both sets of sensors have been assigned then you will need to remove the now unused code with a GS911, BMW dealer or alternative software/ hardware. and the new sensor will write the code to the space when it is woken up.
sounds to be a pain but it only takes seconds.
The good thing about the TC is that you can use 2 sets of wheels with all four sensors coded to the ECU and you do not have to mess around with codes when you swap wheels.

Autel car stuff got an update and you can put the car stuff on BMW bikes now

Back
Top Bottom