Rubber bit ^EAM^ 32

Karl P

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A rubber bit. Bulbous about an inch long and an inch wide. It has this written on it ^EAM^ 32.
It fell off the bike whilst I was lubing the final drive splines. I don't know where from. I saw it fall and roll across the floor.
My bike is a 2018 GS TE.
Can anyone advise me where it goes please.

I'll try and work out how to get a photo into this thread.

Karl

A rubber bit. Bulbous about an inch long and an inch wide. It has this written on it ^EAM^ 32.
It fell off the bike whilst I was lubing the final drive splines. I don't know where from. I saw it fall and roll across the floor.
My bike is a 2018 GS TE.
Can anyone advise me where it goes please.

I'll try and work out how to get a photo into this thread.

Karl
Side stand stop block ?

It's not the side stand stop block, that's still there.
Apologies, I can't work out how to post a picture. I will have time to do it tomorrow.

This thing attaches to something, and it can be squeezed to apply pressure or release pressure. It's black rubber and looks like a little fat mushroom.

Venting Valve for the cardon shaft ? Look at the underside of the swing arm, is there a hole if so......

Yes, that's it. Brilliant leadfarmer thank you very much.
Does it just push back on?
I'm wondering if mine may be knackered.

Cheers again leadfarmer...I use the same Google line with my kids.
I've refitted the breather and will order a new one as there are signs of deterioration and at £9.50 why wouldn't you.

And if anyone is interested my 2018 GS was dry at the splines ie no water, but there was no evidence of lube on the splines, however, the splines were not ceases at all. My bike has not had the drain hole drilled into the shift drive.
I used a strap to control the final drive when opening the boot to lube the splines and it was the strap that dislodged the breather.

Back
Top Bottom