MotoGB and RE to part company?

I was at A&D today having a spin on this demo bike, it was a breath of fresh air after going in MotoGB
who I live a near to ( Millennium Motorcycles).
The staff in A&D are are really nice chaps and come across as enthusiasts as opposed to salesmen,
and there was generally a nice feel about the place. Oh, and the cafe hit the spot as well.:thumb2

A really good place to drop into at A&D staff are always friendly and they are not too big and seem to want to engage with the customer.

I live just a few miles away from Millenium and every time I go in there is an air of doom, no spontaneous contact with staff and their used stock look like they haven't been bothered to clean them properly. Took a Kawasaki in there a few years back for service, MOT and tyres, they did the full service not the short service it needed, rang me at 1400 told me its ready got there at 1430 and its not ready, sat in the cafe for 2 hours waiting for them to finish and finally got it back at 1730. They couldn't tell me what the delay was, didn't apologise took my £650 and asked "is there anything else we can do for you" . Took it to the J&S Kawasaki dealership (sadly missed) for the rest of its time with me and the next one and had terrific service.

It's not the case at all Moto GB branches called into Wigan Yamaha, Chorley Yamaha and Bolton MC and had good friendly service and competitive trade in quotes earlier this year.

Thats a pain, as I've got a few MotoGB RE dealers quite near to me. (St Helens, Wigan, Warrington and Preston) There's not many motorcycle shops in NW England that aren't owned by MotoGB, I'm guessing I may have to use Bill Smiths at Chester. When my interceptor is out of warranty I'll do all service work myself. I've a close friend that works for MotoGB, I'll have to ask him if he knows anything.

A&D in Denbigh are a great RE dealer as well

Oops just read the above A&D are great we have done quite a bit of filming for them really nice guys and in a sea of huge multi location outfits they are an original family run business
Off to Bill Smiths now to look at the new BSA Gold Star and see if I cam blag one to film

Oops just read the above A&D are great we have done quite a bit of filming for them really nice guys and in a sea of huge multi location outfits they are an original family run business
Off to Bill Smiths now to look at the new BSA Gold Star and see if I cam blag one to film
Be interested in your views Mike, it looks good apart from the radiator, are these actually available to buy now

Be interested in your views Mike, it looks good apart from the radiator, are these actually available to buy now

They got theirs thursday so I had a good crawl over it looked really nice apart from a bit of snotty welding round the headstock
They are keen for us to do a video once its motd so watch this space
Also were keen for us to do the Indians they now do so also watch this space

We just need a bit of decent weather

I've heard A+D are good, I've often pooped in for a browse and have used the cafe as well. I did consider buying a Moto Guzzi v7 from them a couple of years back and they lent me their demo bike. Trouble is they are such a long way from where I live, and that in part swayed me to buy my Interceptor from a local dealer.

PS. I do enjoy your Youtube channel, keep up the good work.

This is the one at Billy's

And a sexy looking Indian

Attachments

• 317785713_685288526278078_8428157122517080927_n.jpg
    317785713_685288526278078_8428157122517080927_n.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 162
  • 317813338_1592418497880940_3662898962068840924_n.jpg
    317813338_1592418497880940_3662898962068840924_n.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 317813693_1334186037317678_1202445671353002531_n.jpg
    317813693_1334186037317678_1202445671353002531_n.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 317911844_5592656407477360_5861009293570033107_n.jpg
    317911844_5592656407477360_5861009293570033107_n.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 160
I've heard A+D are good, I've often pooped in for a browse and have used the cafe as well. I did consider buying a Moto Guzzi v7 from them a couple of years back and they lent me their demo bike. Trouble is they are such a long way from where I live, and that in part swayed me to buy my Interceptor from a local dealer.

PS. I do enjoy your Youtube channel, keep up the good work.

Thank you that means a lot

A&D are launching the V100 on Friday so I might go and point the camera if they dont mind

How did it go Stu?

Enjoyed it, but was only out for an hour. It felt a bit lumpy at first until it warmed up and got smoother still after I put some
E5 petrol in it. I stayed on the A roads and headed for Ruthin. Was impressed with the lack of gear changes needed. In 5th
the 'roll off throttle and roll back on was nice on the sweepers. 6th was for the long straights where it quickly got up to erm
fast speeds.:green gri Easy and manageable going through town, light clutch, good feel on the brakes, nippy, blah blah.
It's certainly on my short list.:thumb2

This is the one at Billy's

And a sexy looking Indian

Looking forward to your video on the BSA if you're doing one.

Ta for the BSA pics, doesn't look to shabby! What's the thing on the left hand side? looks like a plastic box mounted on the mirror stem? Cheers:beerjug:John B
p.s also like your YouTube films, perticularly the R90s one.

They got theirs thursday so I had a good crawl over it looked really nice apart from a bit of snotty welding round the headstock
They are keen for us to do a video once its motd so watch this space
Also were keen for us to do the Indians they now do so also watch this space

We just need a bit of decent weather
Just watched the Missenden Flyers review of the new BSA, he rates it as superior to the Interceptor in most ways (he owns an Interceptor so should be familiar with it) I was surprised by that Mark Pulling has also done a YouTube review, he rates it high, he did not do a comparison with the RE 650's though, whereas TMF was comparing all through his review.

Unless I could ditch that awful big radiator I wouldn't entertain one. IMHO it ruins the looks of the bike. If I were to change either my T120 or 650Int it would be for the V7 850 Guzzi.

Unless I could ditch that awful big radiator I wouldn't entertain one. IMHO it ruins the looks of the bike. If I were to change either my T120 or 650Int it would be for the V7 850 Guzzi.
https://youtu.be/rLPCzOSP2zo

Another perhaps more balanced review, if you consider the TMF has not had the most satisfying customer experience for RE with his dealer going tits up etc.

A Rotax single is not exactly appealing to me, nor the radiator, it's a nice enough bike though and I hope it does well.

No dealers as yet in Scotland and I think only a small number in England, more expensive than the RE 650s, and they are proven reliable now and with a trillion bits to enhance it, it's gonna a be a job to beat it. RE has been making bikes for 120 years, the designs are now UK driven.... I'll stick

PS Al, I'm thinking about a V85 TT Gardia D' Onore or Travel, I am loving air cooled

A good pal has a V85 don't know exact model. I've had a few rides on it, very nice but a little too tall in the saddle for me. I've had two Stelvios in the past, loved them but just got too big and heavy for my arthritic hips and knackered knees :D I do like the relative simplicity of bikes like the air cooled Guzzis and Enfields.

I tested the new BSA Gold Star in Poole last year. I sat on the fence for a while watching the reviews etc and was thinking about buying one. I sat on it and straight away it felt 'wrong' for me. 10 minutes into the ride I took it back and told them no thanks. They asked for feedback and why? Having ridden a 'proper' Goldie, this bike disappointed in every way. It has no soul in my opinion. An old mate who was with me summed it up in a simple sentence, "Its been given the wrong name". That, for me, said it all...

Back
Top Bottom